General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

another scam?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Nov 2022 11:45

GEEK
______
SUPPORT

$328.33
Overdue since November 14, 2022
Pay Invoice
Yearly Service charge ded?cted $328.33 from y?ur act | Helpline No: (808) 500-6092
Invoice #34186
November 14, 2022
Customer
bob
bob
Download Invoice PDF
I'm so glad we've reconnected after a year, and I appreciated you extending the contract on 14.11.2022 of the year for again the next year. There might take a while for amount to reflect on your account balances after the amount $328.33 has been withdrawn out of it.

Have you got any questionnaire about just the transaction? To answer any questions, call the assistance - (808) 500-6092 ¦ (806) 334-3495

Thank you and regards
Customer Care No: (808) 500-6092 ¦ (806) 334-3495
Invoice summary
Annual Service Plan
$328.33
Subtotal
$328.33
Total Due
$328.33
Rhodia ¦ Accountant

Kense

Kense Report 16 Nov 2022 10:15

Did you have a questionnaire Bob?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 Nov 2022 18:43

NO, that was a sudden Email....don't think i've dealt with them at least, i don't recall,

You notice its in $'s?

I used to have Mcaffee as a anti virus.. but that ran out years ago.... I HAVE BEEN getting the scare emails from somewhere based in Hawaii.... that my computer is on its deathbed... which I totally ignore responsewise....and delete

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 17 Nov 2022 11:53

We've had emails in $, asking for money to deliver something or other, which we know nothing about, but not recently.

As for McAfee --- the less said about them the better. They seem to assume that they are the only anti-bug device there is, and without them everything will crash. Unfortunately, they also upset lots of other similar programs.