General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Manna from Heaven!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 25 Nov 2022 22:12

Last evening our daughter and her husband unexpectedly rocked up at about 6.00pm with a big cooler bag.

Three dozen fresh oysters for us, then they were going to M's parents to drop off a further three dozen for M's father.

Spent a pleasant half an hour trying to remember how to shuck them. We had four each last night and the rest will be consumed today.

Such decadence; I may even open a bottle of bubbly!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Nov 2022 22:49

You have to open the bubbly!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 25 Nov 2022 23:08

Unfortunately, the direct pipeline from the winery was destroyed in an act of wanton sabotage so I have go back to the old methods

That also includes opening the oysters with a flat-headed screwdriver :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Nov 2022 23:34

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Sounds like the sort of 'problem' I would have!

......then 3 days later, you find a 'tool' in the cutlery drawer that would have opened the oysters with a bit more 'class' - but you don't know what this 'tool; is actually for :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 25 Nov 2022 23:50

The biggest tool in the kitchen is me!!

McAlp

McAlp Report 26 Nov 2022 09:00

Butler's day off was it???

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2022 09:37

Yes, although it wasn't granted by myself :-|

The local Plods arrested him for lacing the cupcakes that I donated to the local pensioners Christmas party, with marijuana.

Ever since then things have gone to pot; I did dock him a day's pay

McAlp

McAlp Report 26 Nov 2022 09:54

Rightly so whatever next !!
He was arrested for helping the aged.??

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Nov 2022 10:39

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2022 20:37

The Matron complained to the Police that the laced cupcakes negated the afternoon tranquilizers that were usually administered to the residents and the resultant shenanigans resulted in three displaced hips, two hernias and one very ecstatic 85 year old granny.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Nov 2022 22:51

Here! I'm only 66! :-D :-D :-D

Since moving here, all i can say is, everyone is soooo polite, and there's a definite aura of marijuana.

I have no problem with that,
The ducks behind my neighbours' garden always say 'hello' to me when I go out in my garden.
I've had ducks, and they really do say 'hello'

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2022 23:20

:-D :-D :-D :-D

I think that you are very slightly quackers

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Nov 2022 23:29