General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christmas presents.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 28 Nov 2022 12:58

My children keep finding their Christmas presents that I've hidden around the house.

Someone suggested that I should just keep them in the loft.

So I tried that last night, but their constant crying and whining kept me awake.

All the "I'm afraid of the dark" or "I don't like it up here - there are spiders" really got on my nerves.

Any other suggestions?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Nov 2022 13:13

Lol.

Remove the loft ladder.

I well remember one Christmas Eve, when when ours were young, early evening the street was alive with people visiting their neighbours to collect presents that had been hidden in various houses.

When I was young, Christmas presents were much simpler, but I know now that one Christmas, Dad just tucked them into a large bag kept beside his chair in the living room. He used to make lovely wool rugs with a hook, thick wool and canvas. He put the rug-making items on top of the presents and as the bag was part of everyday life, my sister and I took no interest and didn't investigate.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 28 Nov 2022 13:30

In the early-fifties, Mum used to hide our presents inside a cupboard and wardrobe in our parents’ bedroom. Each of us used to get two books among other things. One year I found those that were meant for me and I sat, as quiet as a mouse, inside the bottom of her wardrobe and read one before Xmas. She came upstairs once during that time whereupon I pulled the wardrobe door to so she never caught me. I never ever told her what I did.