General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

last posting dates this may have changed now

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Dec 2022 11:29

latest recommended posting dates for mail to arrive in time for Christmas are as follows:

Friday 16 December

Royal Mail Bulk Mail Economy

Monday 19 December

2nd Class
2nd Class Signed For
Royal Mail 48

Wednesday 21 December

1st Class
1st Class Signed For
Royal Mail 24
Royal Mail Tracked 48

Thursday 22 December

Special Delivery Guaranteed
Royal Mail Tracked 24

Friday 23 December

Special Delivery Guaranteed with Saturday Guarantee 

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Dec 2022 11:59

Proposed strike dates:
9, 11, 14, 15, 23 and 24 December.

I wonder how many cards will arrive next year.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 2 Dec 2022 12:15

I don't know about cards, but on last night's news there was a picture of the "mail mountain" of parcels waiting for delivery. :-(

I'm not holding my breath!!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Dec 2022 12:44

I think OH’s parcel must be in there somewhere :-\

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 2 Dec 2022 13:58

I went to our very small village Post Office this morning and there were 6 bulging sacks of mail awaiting collection by the postman. Not looking good for all the Christmas mail deliveries!

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 2 Dec 2022 16:35

I only heard the end of news but thought they said to ensure cards get to their UK destination before Christmas they recommending posting

2nd class by 12 Dec
1st class by 16 Dec

:-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2022 15:22

This that I put up was from the royal Mail. However they may have since reconsidered. I posted mine yesterday, not taking any chances.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 3 Dec 2022 17:21

I saw the same dates as LondonBelle on the RM website. They probably made some changes after you had looked Ann.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 3 Dec 2022 17:36

We have had no post at all since last Monday. There are certain items that should have been here by now.