General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

All I want for Christmas.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 3 Dec 2022 15:10

Is for both of us to have the same good health we had 5 years ago, not a lot to ask and cost nothing.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 4 Dec 2022 15:56

I'm in excruciating pain at the moment and Doctors are like a chocolate tea pot.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Dec 2022 16:15

ooh sorry to hear that Zzzzz do painkillers not help? <3

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 4 Dec 2022 16:36

Sometimes they do but not today. :-|

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Dec 2022 17:24

I would like the same as you for Christmas ZZzzz.

We weren't great 5 years ago but better than we are now. My arthritis is killing me, I'm waiting to hear about a second hip operation, hubby is waiting for a brain scan which might lead to a diagnosis that he won't like, It's cold here and I'm not in a Christmassy mood.

It's all a bit Bah Humbug in our house at the moment.

I'm finding it difficult to drum up the enthusiasm to think about putting up decorations - but I suppose I'll get there eventually.

Kath. x

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Dec 2022 17:33

ZZzzz I also wish I could go back 3 years when I could drive, walk and generally rush around at work in school at 100mph!!

If there was a quick fix or a magic wand, that would be lovely :-D

But I still have a good brain so I should be grateful for that.

Sorry kathleen to hear things are not so good with you. Hoping the scan goes well, fingers crossed and you get your hip operation very soon <3

Any word on your op yet ZZzzz?

Florence in the Hebrides

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Dec 2022 17:49

Thanks Florence for your kind words I try not to get too downhearted but at the moment I'm a bit fed up with myself. I think it is just the cold dark days.

Kath. x

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 4 Dec 2022 18:08

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, Florence I haven't had any news yet about the op.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Dec 2022 18:45

The good news is that from the 22nd dec, the days will be getting brighter :-D :-D