General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hotmail reply button

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Island

Island Report 5 Dec 2022 13:02

My reply button has moved to the bottom of the window which is a pain with threaded emails - ie, having to scroll to the start of conversations.
Anyone know how or even if, I can put the button back where it was - above the received email?

I've searched for the topic but nothing matches my question.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 5 Dec 2022 13:44

Just a thought but will it drag and drop, Island?

Island

Island Report 5 Dec 2022 13:55

I assume not Joy but I'll try anything lol

I have two hotmail accounts, the other one is ok

Nope, can't be moved but here's a thing - the 'reply' button in question no longer has 'forward' and 'reply all' as options :-S The whole layout has been reversed so 'font/size etc are now at the top. :-S

Island

Island Report 5 Dec 2022 15:07

Thanks Joan. I have a reply button with left pointing arrow and now I have a forward button with right pointing arrow - not sure what the purpose of these arrows is? I don't have a reply all button or double arrow.
Hotmail must know that account holders have conversation threads so why make it difficult by having the reply button at the bottom. Grown up children changing things for the sake of it as per. :-|

Island

Island Report 5 Dec 2022 16:29

Joan, I think even 'computer experts' must get annoyed by changes for the sake of it.
It's such a waste of time too, when all you want to do is reply to an email.