General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Donations!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Dec 2022 13:15

Today I made my Christmas donation to the Wisdom hospice Rochester Kent where my hubby spent his final 24 hours in oct 2015

He was at home on his final journal but not able to receive the support he needed so with doctor and district nurse intervention he was transferred to the hospice

Doctor was soo he needs more but no way the local hospital! So have you thought of local hospice.

No but if that’s what can support him then yes arrange

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Dec 2022 13:39

He was transferred by ambulance on the Friday and made comfortable with a stent with painkillers and was at ease

I sat with him for several hours and went home about 9pm

Went again sat morning to sit with him and he was in a drug induced sleep
And the family members gradually arrived and sat with us

Guess too his body did what it had to in shutting down as remember being concerned cos his hands and arms were cold and putting a blanket on him

Now know it was his body shutting down

If you have never experienced this then understanding the process is ?

I do remember that I sat with him after the family left on the sat early evening for about an hour then got an overwhelming feeling I have to go Was almost a blind panic

So I kissed him on the forehead,which was what I could reach ,told him Ioved him and see him tomorrow or sooner if he needed me but also if he wanted to go then that was ok

He passed soon after

I had the most enormous panic feeling sitting with him before I got have to go feeling !

Am convinced he knew knew he was going but didn’t want me there

The hospice said he just sighed and stopped breathing

Annx

Annx Report 6 Dec 2022 15:35

I think what you sensed was right Shirley and I've read that people often seem to wait until they are alone before they leave us.. My first MIL passed away at home and It was when we went downstairs to make a cup of tea that she left us. It's lovely that you left him with those nice moments and a kiss before you went.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 6 Dec 2022 19:26

An ex neighbour of ours was very ill and very house proud, she was found dead in her lounge, the house was spotless and the vacuum cleaner was still on, she simply collapsed and died.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 6 Dec 2022 19:37

My Nan did that ZZzzz, she walked into the lounge with a duster in her hand and collapsed on the spot bless her

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 6 Dec 2022 20:33

I'm sure that most know when there time is up, my Dad did, he left some personal items he wanted me to have, had my name on too, but 2 of my siblings still argued saying none of it was mine