General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just seen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Dec 2022 15:23

on facebook and I thought it is worth putting on here.

If you haven’t sent cards this year, or forgotten someone’s gift. If you don’t have matching pyjamas or a festive family photograph. It’s ok. If you can’t find the energy to be merry and bright, or your tree isn’t even decorated yet. That’s fine. If you don’t feel like watching your favourite Christmas movies, or honouring the traditions that you normally always do. Don’t sweat it my friend. This year has been hard. Really hard. If you can’t see a way to celebrating like you have in the past, don’t worry. Just hang on in there, finding any joy you can in any little way. Just make it through till next year. One day at a time. We need you. Hang on in there. You are loved.
Follow Us ????????????????
Source/Credits : Donna Ashworth

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 15:49

ummm..... American?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Dec 2022 15:59

Looks like she is Scottish and writes a lot of these sorts of poems.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Dec 2022 18:40

Sounds like it is aimed at those who are feeling down and depressed, those in despair etc. Its a good reminder that as it says, xmas and all the hype dont really matter. What matters is that you are loved and wanted so please" stay around ."

There are many people sadly at this time of year who take their own lives and feel they cant cope anymore.

If we have any friends who are struggling badly, we must make sure we phone them and chat and hopefully be able to carry on chatting next year. <3

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 19:00

Why aim a poem at people who are alone though, telling them it's 'ok' etc?
Is there one aimed at those who are ignoring the lonely, telling them it is not ok?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Dec 2022 19:56

In my old job we had a saying about children but I think it can apply to all humans young or old etc.

Its everyones' job to make sure that everyone is ok, its not ok to ignore and do nothing!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Dec 2022 22:06

Island there probably is somewhere there are poems about most things. But actually I didn’t take it as being specifically aimed at the lonely but at all who have had a bad year for whatever reason., Covid, I’ll health cost of living, poverty, rail strikes. You name it. :-)