General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with how to spot clean carpet please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 Dec 2022 20:03

It is a new one and there is already 2 small stains on it so has anyone got any idea what I can do/make to clean it up please?
Edit. the stains are of unknown origin.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 Dec 2022 22:23

Have you used Varnish, carpet upholstery cleaner? Its a foam, you squirt on the stain, work it in and leave for an hour and then hoover it dry.

Depends though what the stain is?

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 27 Dec 2022 22:41

I have had good results using Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover. Not very expensive and has a little brush attached to bottle.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 Dec 2022 23:04

Florence61, that is the trouble, we don't know what it is :-| but it is happening a a fair amount due to hubby having PD.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 Dec 2022 23:05

Lyddi, I shall try what you suggest :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 28 Dec 2022 17:09

I have a bottle of Halfords Heavy Duty Carpet Stain Remover, which I have had for years. You spray it on - it's a foam - rub it gently, leave for about 40 seconds and remove with a damp sponge. I bought it originally to try and get rid of a red wine stain. The results were so good that I could no longer see where the stain had been. Since then I have used it on various stains and so far it has worked every time.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 29 Dec 2022 15:19

Vanish also make dry carpet cleaner. It comes in a pink plastic bag. Shake the "powder" on and around the stains, brush it in with a stiff brush. Leave to let it work and then vacuum.

Have used dry cleaner for many years with good results. Google gives various suppliers.

Hopes this helps.