General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Apprentice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Jan 2023 13:24

Is anyone watching or a fan of The Apprentice?

It started last night and wasn't long before the women showed their true colours all bickering together. Not sure anyone of them will win as my money is on one of the men this year.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Jan 2023 13:56

I used to watch it but Alan sugars dismissive of contestants got too predictable
I knew it followed a formula but I found it nasty at times

I gave up watching tbh

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Jan 2023 16:59

Me too, Shirley.

In all these years, nobody has told AS that it's "regrettable" when he has to fire someone - not "regretful".

All those screeching, bickering women and posturing immature "men" - what dreadful role models for any young people who might be watching.
(ie - children or teenagers, nowadays referred to as "young people" for some politically correct reason)

And why send them to squabble in Antigua? They could do it just as noisily, and with less damage to the planet, somewhere in Britain.

Island

Island Report 6 Jan 2023 17:26

Watched the first few series but gave up when it was all about nastiness. Most of them are only in it because they want a career in front of the camera for zero work or talent. It's a shame because it was an interesting programme but like all others of it's ilk it about who can be the nastiest - including those who comment on social media.

I'm sure the contestants are encouraged to be unpleasant - it's all about ratings.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 Jan 2023 17:51

I also gave up watching it, but do try and catch the episode where they have those interviews. Love it when they are totally caught out.

Have these people never watched the programme or are they so thick they won’t be found out?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Jan 2023 19:50

I really do wonder about some of them, they are pretty clueless and have no common sense. Running around in 4 inch high heels, im surprised none have fallen and broken their ankles yet :-D

I love Claude, he doesnt miss a trick.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Jan 2023 23:22

I've watched it a couple of times in the past but, as others have said, don't find a bunch of clueless, self-opinionated narcissists prancing around very entertaining! :-(