General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How Many Lives Does a Budgie Have?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 9 Jan 2023 22:10

I'm not sure, but one of our budgies has just used up two!

We usually leave the cage door open so that they (we have two) can fly around the room if they so desire.

A couple of days ago OH went into her bedroom which has an ensuite, screamed and then started laughing. One of the Budgies had managed, somehow, to fly straight into the toilet where it was doing its best to stay afloat.

The bird was dried off and although a bit waterlogged managed to get back into the cage.

Then a couple of days later, after I put the budgies outside, we were having a bit of a natter in the family room when OH suddenly stopped talking and rushed to the door. She had seen the budgie on the outside looking in.

When I put the cage out I had forgotten to close the door! This particular budgie had then flown down the side of the house and settled on the window sill. Ironically this is precisely the spot where the cage is normally kept when it is in the room.

She could have flown anywhere, but she came to the right spot.

I've heard of homing pigeons, but homing budgies??

Strange times!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Jan 2023 23:00

They know where the food comes from!! :-D :-D :-D <3

Allan

Allan Report 9 Jan 2023 23:17

Hopefully not from the toilet bowl :-0 :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Jan 2023 23:41

True! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Perhaps it had a 'duck' moment - went a little quackers.

Allan

Allan Report 9 Jan 2023 23:55

:-D :-D :-D