General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Analyzer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 14 Jan 2023 10:59

I have downloaded this and seems very interesting and useful. Everyone makes mistakes or miss things this App will highlight them.
All you need to do is download a Gedcom of your tree and upload it.

………IT’S FREE

Use FTAnalyzer to investigate your family tree in new and interesting ways, see where your ancestors lived and moved over time on the new maps feature. Find errors in your tree eg: childrens birthdates before parent was born. See lists of who is missing from census searches then click their name to automatically search on Ancestry, Find My Past, Familysearch etc. And lots more

http://ftanalyzer.com/

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 14 Jan 2023 11:14

This is a TEXT ONLY download.

There is a Facebook group for questions.

Kense

Kense Report 19 Jan 2023 19:47

Thank you Mr Magoo for highlighting this app. I have used it several times and I can confirm that it is a very good and useful app. I am surprised that no one else has responded on this thread.

Anyone sharing their tree by GEDCOM really ought to run FTAnalyzer first, however perfect they think their tree is.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 20 Jan 2023 19:44

It is a good App Kense.

The maps are very good if you have the correct address and the houses are still standing. They locate all over the world.