General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Food deliveries

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Jan 2023 12:25

Popped into the village for a dental appt. Passed a house where there seemed to have been a food delivery.
I can only assume the driver was a bit miffed that no one was in. The crates were not left by the door but right on the edge next to the footpath. There is no fence etc as it has parking instead of a garden. The driver could have left it on the other end of the car, near the door, so not so obvious.

I wonder how long it will be before someone starts helping themselves.

Island

Island Report 27 Jan 2023 12:47

Oh, it's mine. Would you pop it in a taxi to me. Thanks.

:-D :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Jan 2023 13:00

Sorry, but my doorstep is nearer ;-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 Jan 2023 13:30

Well if it was Tesco delivering mine and I was out, they wouldnt leave the crates as you have to take all the items out! So leaving 80 items outside my house would be ridiculous.
Here they have my mobile and would have attempted to phone me first. I mean suppose it was raining, you cant leave bread and other fresh stuff outside.

I cant understand how this householder who would have known they were getting a delivery, would not be in???

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 27 Jan 2023 14:24

I also have Tesco but have always been in - so far. The nice driver carries the crates upstairs for me, but I never unpack them while he waits. They are quite happy to leave them and they take the previous week's crates away. If you have room for the empty crates it's a good system. The drivers are quite happy because it saves them some time on each delivery and they can finish early.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Jan 2023 16:28

I now know that it has been outside since at least 9.30 to 2,45. I wonder how much disappeared when the school kids went past.

I knew we lived in a nice village but didn’t realise quite how nice everyone is. It’s not perfect, we have had a least one shooting that I know of.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jan 2023 17:59

A Tesco driver once told me that if a person was out they would take the delivery away and try to deliver later. But the money is taken from your bank before the delivery leaves the store.

Maybe the householder was taken I’ll or something. I suppose we will never know now!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 Jan 2023 18:02

The nice driver here carries the crates round to my back door and puts them on my kitchen table. Whilst i empty that one, he goes back for no 2 but never leaves the crates always takes away. So for awhile my kitchen table is completely covered with all my goods!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jan 2023 18:42

I unload my Tesco delivery into my laundry basket and a large freezer bag.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 28 Jan 2023 09:41

Names, my curiosity has got the better of me. Do you know what happened yet?

Someone could be kicking themselves for being forgetful …. or ill?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 28 Jan 2023 18:22

No sign of anything this morning.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Jan 2023 00:56

Has the food gone?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Jan 2023 08:50

:-S
Saturday there was no food and no crates.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jan 2023 12:57

I order online
Have done since the first covid lockdown and had to continue because of two subsequent surgery’s

I order from sainsbury and put in delivery instructions to put into bags left in porch then close door and ring bell

It’s delivered every week like that and no problems with the drivers unloading it

They step back and wait for me to open front door and gesture thank you :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jan 2023 14:37

Just had a delivery and a warm thank you gesture to the driver

Many of them are regular now and know the drill

Plus if you are a regular sainsbury online shopper buy a delivery pass , costs £44 and lasts for six months and saves money over six months in delivery costs