General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bad News Post

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrianW

BrianW Report 6 Feb 2023 11:42

I am considering blocking up the letterbox.

Too much of the post we are getting is adverts for funeral services, stair lifts, care homes, mobility aids and so on.

Just waiting for a special offer on euthanasia.

Aint old age woderful!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Feb 2023 12:16

I suppose at least we are still here to receive the post Brian. :-D :-D Old age might be tiresome but it beats the alternative.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 6 Feb 2023 12:26

At least you’re alive to receive them and complain about them :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Feb 2023 13:01

I never received them before I moved here - a road of bungalows for the over 60's!!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Feb 2023 15:26

If they're addressed to you:

https://www.mpsonline.org.uk/consumer/register

If they're not addressed to you:

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/293/~/how-do-i-opt-out-of-receiving-any-leaflets-or-unaddressed-promotional-material%3F

I never receive junk mail about those things, in spite of being firmly in the target age-group.
However, I do (not often) receive leaflets about supposedly waterproof coatings for roofs and walls; Fischer heating; solar panels; and other home improvements.

Does that mean they think I'm younger - or just that houses in this area are assumed to be damp and cold??

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Feb 2023 15:35

I have opted out of leaflets and usually I don't get any unless addressed to me (or actually addressed to the occupier with and address, some firms seem to get round things that way). I do occasionally get a leaflet with the mail when it is what seems to be a new postie.