General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nicola

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Feb 2023 10:17

Nicola Sturgeon is resigning.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 15 Feb 2023 10:49

All very strange with a hastily arranged news conference.....is she jumping before she is pushed :-0 :-0

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 15 Feb 2023 11:17

Either way LB it's good news :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 15 Feb 2023 11:22

:-D :-D :-D LaG

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 15 Feb 2023 11:54

I had the same reaction as Belle. If she chooses to do so she has a better chance of coming back later if she has resigned rather than being pushed.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 15 Feb 2023 12:21

Oh how I shall miss the bet we have, when interviewed, how long it will be, when she says

I am the First Minister!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Feb 2023 12:59

This possible resignation was mentioned two or three days ago - so who knows something we don’t?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Feb 2023 13:36

Great news, cant stand the woman. I also think she is going because she knows she would lose in the next election.

I am sure I also heard something a few days ago there was a rumour she was going to resign. So someone did know!

As long as Alex Salmond doesnt jump back into her "bed" ;-)

Really cant think who will replace her, dont think John Swinney is strong enough to handle the job. We shall have to wait & see!

I have never voted SNP

Florence in the hebrides

Maddie

Maddie Report 15 Feb 2023 13:43

who will be the next "fishy" person
they have has a salmon and a sturgeon

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Feb 2023 14:03

I thought I'd heard the rumour about her rresigning, yet scottish politicians on the radio this morning were shocked as they had had no idea it was planned.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Feb 2023 14:22

Yes, Florence and Names, it was mentioned a few days ago so if we hear the rumours it seems to make those Scottish politicians who are 'shocked' seem like liars or numpties!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Feb 2023 14:27

Well they are politicians ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Feb 2023 15:00

:-D :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Feb 2023 15:47

All in a politician's days work then ;-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Feb 2023 16:25

So who will take over. I’m sure Londoners will be happy if Sadiq Khan moves north. :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Feb 2023 17:25

Well surely not Kate Forbes as she is in the running but currently on maternity leave so dont think she could really handle a new baby and be the FM, realistically.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Feb 2023 23:42

What some of you may not be aware of is that because something is on the news that day may have happened a few days ago and not always on the day it is published.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 16 Feb 2023 11:30

ZZzzz, she made an announcement live on Tv and her fellow politicians were shocked and said they had no idea. So it was live news, she may however have been planning this for awhile but not told anyone.

But yes sometimes there are articles on the news, a story maybe that may have happened a day ago before they make it on the main news.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Feb 2023 17:06

Well, I'm a lone voice here!

I've never voted SNP, but I liked Nicola.
She's an excellent communicator, and I was very impressed by her handling of the pandemic - with the help of her advisers, of course.

I hope everything works out well for her in the future, whatever she has in mind.