General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Venus and Jupiter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 Feb 2023 21:16

Tonight around 6pm, I was just pulling my kitchen blind when i noticed 2 very bright lights where the sun had set earlier.

I looked through my binoculars and saw the brightest 2 lights I have ever seen.

So I went online and it seems they are Venus & Jupiter, an amazing sight.

No Northern Lights yet but a brilliant sight of the planets instead.

I will have a look a bit later as the skies are clear here tonight with plenty of stars so may be lucky.

Florence in the hebrides

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 27 Feb 2023 21:34

I have just been looking, but it is too cloudy here

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 28 Feb 2023 10:50

you might've missed a good view a few nights ago...venus ,jupiter saturn moon and mars....virtually in a line.....

Florence61

Florence61 Report 28 Feb 2023 12:49

Ah I missed that Bob, but was still amazed how bright and visible they were.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 28 Feb 2023 15:01

It was too cloudy here last night to see anything, but we have actually seen the Northern Lights here in the Clyde before.

OH gets news snippets on his phone and earlier today one said that a plane flying from Iceland did a full 360° turn so that all the passengers could see them.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 28 Feb 2023 15:09

Years ago the planets were lining up and we would go out each night and see them appear in line, quite a number of them Fascinating to do.

The northern lights were seen locally but I was a bit busy as OH came home a bit late after a day op. First time I had driven at night since covid. I,m not sure who was more exhausted.

Might have a look tonight.

safc

safc Report 1 Mar 2023 02:27

2 good sites 1 for the planets and 1 for the space station

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/night/uk/sunderland

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/tracking_map.cfm