General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Late winter sun

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 28 Feb 2023 15:06

So glad I didn’t go south for some late winter sun. Mallorca has had 20 inches of snow!

Bet lots of visitors weren’t prepared fir that.

Von

Von Report 28 Feb 2023 15:58

We went to California at Christmas and had torrential rain which was very unusual. ;-) ;-) ;-)
Didn’t spoil the holiday though :-D

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 28 Feb 2023 16:12

I went to Athens - think it was 1991/2 in early Dec, floods followed by snowstorms, gales and REALLY cold weather. Two aborted landings trying to come in to the airport. I don't remember feeling so cold, before or since!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Feb 2023 19:11

We went to Halifax, Nova Scotia for Christmas. Had torrential rain and very high winds on the Friday December 23rd, and it did not continue through Christmas Eve as had been thought. Christmas was not affected :-D

Vancouver got around 25 cm snow on December 20, which stayed around, then a few more cms on December 23 .................... the place came to a full stop!

We just got a bit of a wet carpet as the wind was blowing right at out patio window and some rain leaked in.