General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lillian Percy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mikys41

Mikys41 Report 8 Mar 2023 18:37

I am trying to find anyone who is related to Lillian Percy c1924-1945 from the percys who lived in Chorlton Greater Manchester. Lillian died young and was married to my Dad and i am looking for a photorgraph of Lillian if anyone can help

Florence61

Florence61 Report 8 Mar 2023 19:35

Hi there, my family of Percys came from around manchester.

Who do Lillian marry and when? I can then look in my family tree and see if she is a relative of mine.

Florence in the hebrides

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 8 Mar 2023 21:25

Usually a request like yours would get the reply that it was unlikely that anyone would spot your post. Hopefully Florence will have the family in her tree.

Lilian is not listed in Search/all members trees, but it might be worthwhile looking to see if any of her relations are listed.

Island

Island Report 8 Mar 2023 22:41

I was thinking the same re 'unlikely' names - just goes to show eh? ;-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 8 Mar 2023 23:14

Ive had a good look but dont think i have her in my tree but i have found her and the family.

Lillian Percy mmn Bulmer b1924

Her parents marriage
Isabel Bulmer m Leonard Percy Sep 1919

Their children were Walter D Percy b.Jun1920
Lillian Percy b 1924

So is Lillian your mum?

Sorry i cant be more helpful

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Mar 2023 23:53

I was thinking exactly the same re "unlikely"

I don't think I've ever seen a positive response before!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 8 Mar 2023 23:55

I was quite shocked when i saw the post re a family name of mine too!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Mar 2023 01:16

I bet you were!!!

A bit like my first cousin in England some years ago who put our paternal grandmother's name into Google in a first attempt to find something/anything, and came up with a posting I'd made on Family Tree Forum re my discovering that her father had changed the spelling of the last half of their surname, which was why no one could find any of the family before about 1845 :-D

Grandmother and her brother had been baptised under both names, and in 2 different religions, several years apart!

I can't say that I blame him for changing -trout to something else!

Thing was first cousin (who is still alive) knew our grandmother but she died about 2 years before I was born, so I had no memory of her at all.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 9 Mar 2023 10:21

Mike

Your best chance of finding a photo is probably from Lilian’s own family.

Use www,freebmd,org.uk to find the birth marriages and deaths, like Florence has and, as I previously suggested, use the Search/ all members tree option at the top of the page.

Good luck.