General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EARL. OF WESSEX

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 10 Mar 2023 09:30

It’s been announced to that the Earl of Wessex has been given the title duke of Edinburgh on his 59th birthday and his son becomes the earl of Wessex, so pleased because that’s what the late Queen and Duke want <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Mar 2023 10:18

Aw that's really good news to hear. Does that mean that Sophie becomes the Duchess of Edinburgh?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Mar 2023 10:19

Linda, what happened to all the other posts????

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 Mar 2023 10:23

Deserved, I think, as they backed the late Queen solidly and, apparently Sophie had afternoon tea with the Queen a lot. As Linda wrote, that is what the late Queen wanted.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 Mar 2023 10:25

Oooh, just seen that other post was called for review! Why?

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 10 Mar 2023 10:31

A much revered titled, so pleased for Edward and Sophie :-)

Not sure why the other Posts have been reported as they were obviously posted in error... I'm sure that because they have been reported Linda won't be able to delete them now :-(

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 Mar 2023 11:03

not me, but probably because of multi posts....

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Mar 2023 11:30

A bit over the top. A pm to Linda pointing out what she had done would have been better. Now they will stay there for ages. :-|

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 Mar 2023 11:34

it has at times taken a loooong time for post to be accepted, maybe a bit of impatience crept in?

Linda

Linda Report 10 Mar 2023 12:36

Silly me I pressed the submit twice and did not realise then noticed one had been reported will not do that again???? getting back to Edward and Sophie the Queen promised Edward at his wedding that he would get the title when his father passed

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Mar 2023 13:00

Linda, who on earth reported you??? Obviously someone in a bad mood, quite ridiculous!!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Mar 2023 17:35

Finally!!!

It was a lovely birthday present for him.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Mar 2023 17:45

I read somewhere today that these things are usually done on a birthday and this would have been the first chance.