General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

E mail address confirmation.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 10 Mar 2023 17:45

When you order something and you give your email address, the company confirms your order via e mail, then they e mail you asking you to confirm your email address.
Grrr rant over.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Mar 2023 17:46

I ordered some click and collect items and collected them later that day. Now I am being harassed by messages to say I haven’t picked them up. Grrr

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Mar 2023 00:12

Better than Southern Water, who confirmed my address, but not my name, or phone number.
Fault reported in sewage pipe on Monday afternoon, by a plumber - who also insisted I was 'vulnerable', as I only have one kidney.
My toilet bowl was filling to the rim - and my toilet wasn't the problem

I phone Southern Water on Tuesday morning, to be told the job would be done Wednesday.
No-one turns up Wednesday. Phone Wednesday afternoon, to be told I would be messaged.
No message.
Phone Thursday morning -- apparently I would be messaged. Phone Thursday afternoon - still no message, person on phone absolutely no help.
Phone Friday morning, am told a message has been sent to me - a Mrs 'Not my name'.
Tell them that's not me. He gives me the phone number it was sent to - not mine.

Explain my number is the one I'm phoning from, and the worst thing for my kidney is the stress I've been through. Then admit I also suffer from Diverticular disease, that is also triggered by stress. He understands!!! :-D

Man came out an hour later - it was the house 2 doors down causing a blockage.

Yes, I sort of lied, I DO have diverticular disease, it's on my medical notes, but it's triggered more by what I eat, though long-term stress also affects it.

Shame three people didn't check who was phoning them, though.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 11 Mar 2023 18:42

Sometimes, you need to over exaggerate a problem to get someone to sit up, take notice and do something about the problem asap.

As soon as I say, there are 2 people who are registered disabled in this house and 1 is a type 1 diabetic, suddenly they are taking notice!

I don't like using our disabilities to our advantage but sometimes its the only way!

Florence in the hebrides