General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Endeavour

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Mar 2023 22:14

Anyone watch it? Excellent ending beautifully done.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Mar 2023 22:30

It was lovely, wasn't it.
I wonder if the next ones (I hope there will be more) will be Morse growing older, until he's John Thaw! :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Mar 2023 08:37

do you think there will be a series to fill the gap? I can't remember off hand how old 'Morse' was when it first started. I thought it was great (Not mentioning what happened as some will have recorded it) brilliant acting by all the main cast. And beautifully written, directed and produced. I have recorded the following programme to watch later as it was bed time for me when it finished. did you spot the red Jag?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 13 Mar 2023 08:44

I don’t think there are plans for any more. Especially as young and old Morse crossed over at the end.
The newspaper review this morning reckoned that the grey haired man who accepted the book from young Morse was meant to be Colin Dexter -the writer.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Mar 2023 09:26

ah of course the cars crossing such a clever idea.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 13 Mar 2023 10:03

OH says the Endeavour pilot started with the cars crossing and the first Dexter book was lLast Bus to Woodstock. That would have gone past the gates and probably stopped by them, hence Morse going to the Palace.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Mar 2023 12:57

er... what was the point of the gunshot? that went a bit over my head

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 13 Mar 2023 13:24

Bob, over your hard - that was kucky ;-) ;-)

No, I haven’t worked that out either.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Mar 2023 14:09

I couldn't work that out either. all it did was make me jump.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Mar 2023 14:57

He was playing Russian roulette. He was unhappy about the girl he loved marrying someone else and probably wanted to die. He also loved his job so wanted to carry on. Therefore I think he decided to let fate decide for him. Hence the gunshot. That's what I made of it anyway.

I actually didn't watch the series but caught this last episode which I enjoyed. I might try to watch the series on catch up.

Kath. x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Mar 2023 14:59

Ah that does make sense Kathleen thank you.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Mar 2023 16:20

yep could be Kath,,,,

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Mar 2023 22:41

Just watched the documentary on its making, interesting to see all the characters/cast together from Morse, Lewis and Endeavour. But that person who wrote and scripted Endeavour is a very clever person. such attention to detail. Strange to hear that 'Miss Thursday has an accent not heard in the series.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 14 Mar 2023 08:51

Fascinating to hear the real accents of the actors and, as you wrote, Ann, a Scottish accent for Joan Thursday. I detected Liverpudlian in Shaun Evans chat and another Lancashire accent - the actor who played Strange, I think it was. Not broad, but there all the same.

I am not sure whether they will do any more filming but, like AnninGlos, I would like to see that ‘missing’ period covered. I did not think anything else was planned but if they thought it would be another success, they may go ahead. I hope so.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Mar 2023 09:33

I think it is because from start to finish all the series have been well written, cast and acted we don't really want to let it go. I already watch recordings of all three. Soon it will be recordings of recordings. entertaining and still gripping I think. And always something new to spot.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 14 Mar 2023 19:19

surely if playing Russian roulette' if it goes click,

you move on, but if it goes bang...you wont hear that...

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Mar 2023 00:26

Perhaps calling it "Russian Roulette" wasn't quite correct - but he put one bullet in an empty barrel and then spun the barrel. A game of chance then!

Kath. x

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 20 Mar 2023 09:03

Wonderful ending to a cracking series.

Bawled my eyes out when he told Joan he loved her from the minute she opened the door to him.

All ends tied up neatly in a pink bow. :-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Mar 2023 11:42

That’s sad though, innit, Maddie. :-(