General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cause of the Queens death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Mar 2023 16:48

I read somewhere today an article which indicated that the Queen may had died of a Bone marrow cancer called Myeloma.

The Author Gyles Brandeths has written her biography and this is what he believes she died of which explains the tiredness, mobility issues, weight loss etc.It is possible that this is true as he is very well connected to Royalty and may have heard this directly from someone within the Royal household.

i'm thinking, it may be the true cause but by putting "old age" was if you like a get out clause so they didn't have to reveal the real cause.

Anyone else read this?

Florence in the hebrides

Island

Island Report 14 Mar 2023 17:11

Why does the public need to know?
She wasn't going to be around much longer given her age.
I'm sure my dad had 'old age' as cause of death, he was 92. Made me smile as he said his mother died of 'old age' at 83!

G.B... another pain in the backside of the Burrell ilk :-\

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Mar 2023 18:01

Well I thought that if someone has been diagnosed with a particular ill ness and passes away regardless of age, then the certifying dr will put that as the main cause of death on the cert followed by other factors that contributed.

That's what they put on my mothers cert and she was 85 and old age wasnt mentioned!

Old age isn't quite a terminal illness is it? Infact everyone dies of heart failure to be accurate! If they are going to make the cause publicly known, then surely it should be accurate or refrain from disclosing it for privacy which would be quite acceptable.

Florence in the hebrides

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 14 Mar 2023 18:05

I wouldn't always rely on death certificates. My FIL was 99 and he just 'faded away', mentally he was fine but his mobility was poor and he just 'gave up', refusing food etc. His death cert indicated that he died of bowel cancer, which he'd had about 12 years before - it was operated on and he had no recurrence. I think it was just the easy option for doctors who didn't know him well.

Island

Island Report 14 Mar 2023 18:18

Florence, I agree re heart failure. It's our tickers stopping ultimately.
I'm sure my dad was just resigned when he said his mother died of old age, little did he know that he would live ten years more than her.

If a person is 90+ when they die with no underlying cause, just basically worn out what can they put other than 'old age' or knackered?

Kense

Kense Report 15 Mar 2023 08:19

What was on George V's death certificate?

Island

Island Report 15 Mar 2023 08:58

euthanasia?

Linda

Linda Report 16 Mar 2023 22:30

I heard that the Queen had bone cancer, on my mums death certificate it she had cancer of unknown primary and frailty but she was 96