General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Had another ct scan on Wednesday

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Mar 2023 12:12

So it’s monitoring the cancer node because of where it is and not treatable

I jog along ok and try not to worry about it especially as not aware of it

As I have said to the oncologist if I didn’t know it was there then I wouldn’t know!

So why when I have an appointment I feel all sorts of twinges ?

And the girl who suffers terribly from constipation goes three times before leaving home for the hospital !

Got a follow up appointment to discuss ct results end April

I just wish I could say enough let’s be done with it ,been there done that and move on

My family are very supportive,my grandson says Nan you are a tough old bird and when you do go it will be from something else and it will be and by the way she also had cancer
My daughter says the same !

My grandaughter who lives closer to me has been an absolute diamond taking time off from work to take me to every appointment

This time though she is in Florida on a much needed break so my daughter took time off work to drive up from near Folkestone to take me to Maidstone for the appointment

I struggled to walk from the car park into the hospital as being cooped up indoors my mobility has really gone downhill

:-(

Florence61

Florence61 Report 31 Mar 2023 13:09

Oh Shirley, I feel for you. Going to the loo several times before an appointment or leaving the house is quite normal and I have experienced that myself.

Yes, being cooped up indoors for weeks on end really doesn't help the mobility yet we potter around all day indoors but that isn't the same as going for a walk. last time I was away for an appointment in Glasgow, my upper arm muscles ached from hobbling with my stick and took several days for that to heal!

But you know what you are dealing with so whatever, the results wont change you. Carry on living life to the full in whatever way you can. Seeing as many people as possible too.

I think staying positive and being strong willed is what has got you this far and me too, otherwise you would have given up a long time ago.

Sending lots of positive vibes and healing hugs and try not to think of the results.

You are already doing brilliantly <3

Florence in the hebrides

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Mar 2023 18:52

Thank you Florence

Yes I have surprised myself .well sort of cos I know I,m a get on with it person , but apart from the initial OMG I have a problem on the first sign of something’s wrong I have been very pragmatic and been I don’t have any control on what’s going on inside so deal with it as things happen

I,m do get days of overthinking but then tell myself to stop it and l get on with living

Had a set back in feb on one of the few social outings I did when I went to lunch with folks from the U3A group and four of us who sat side by side caught covid

It was nasty for a week then slowly got better but again a set back on mobility as couldn’t get out again

It’s all sent to try :-( :-P