General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just need a rant.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 29 Apr 2023 14:50

I bought a new mobile phone last week, it's a Motorola the old one was Nokia and worked fine, however this one takes £2 credit off my balance even when it has been switched off for 2 or 3 days, it's a pay as you go o2 and is driving me nuts and will go into an o2 shop probably Tuesday as hubby doesn't like going in to town at the weekend or bank holidays.
Thanks for letting me rant and I hope you all have a good weekend :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 29 Apr 2023 14:55

ZZzzzz get a £10 bundle with vodaphone. You get unlimited texts, calls and 7gb of data. Any unused data gets rolled over to the next month. You have no contract and dont have to use it everyday.

All you have to do is make sure you have £10 ,3 days before the renewal date and then its renewed automatically. I top up with my debit card once a month with £10.

Are you in a contract with O2?

Florence in the hebrides

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 29 Apr 2023 15:55

Florence61, I am on o2 but not contract and never have been, I don't use it often enough to be on contract, thank you for helping me x.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 29 Apr 2023 17:09

Both OH and myself only have basic mobiles (no internet), I am with Asda which is vodaphone I think, at the moment I an pay as you go but that is expensive per min. so I am looking at changing to their 'talk and text package which is £5 per month . OH has a similar deal with EE but has to stay in credit and £! is taken out every week and every so often he get free mins or texts as a boost.

Have a good weekend. :-D

Von

Von Report 29 Apr 2023 17:20

I’m with O2 and originally had pay as you go but it was a nuisance remembering to top

up and it is an expensive option.

I’m still with O2 and have a monthly package which gives me a good deal.

When you go to the shop why not ask if there is another option that is more suitable for you.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 30 Apr 2023 10:21

I have a very basic Pay-as-you-go phone with O2. i was on a contract for years but I use my phone so rarely that it was an expensive waste of money. It now costs me about £10 a year and my main problem is remembering to use it at least once every 6 months to avoid them cancelling the number!!