General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please Help If Possible

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 2 May 2023 10:53

This is self-explanatory.

The Liverpool Scottish Regimental Association Pipes and Drums
·
This is an Urgent Appeal. Please share the life out of this post.
All my fb friends that live or frequent the Mather Ave/Allerton Road area
Following on from The Liverpool Scottish freedom parade on Saturday many of our Veterans went on to The Liverpool University Officer Training Corps on Mather Ave (opposite Tesco) for a few drinks etc,
after leaving the establishment, one of our Veterans has lost his medals!
They are quite an extensive set befitting a man that served over 30 years in the army.
He feels he lost them between Mather Ave and the five ways on Saturday evening
Please please keep a look out for them. If found please leave them at LUOTC and they will be returned to him

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 2 May 2023 14:23

Oh, what a shame, AM.

I still have cousins in Liverpool and two of them are near Mather Avenue (Speke and Long Lane). I’ll get in touch with them …. you just never know.

Island

Island Report 2 May 2023 17:29

Is this for real? I've seen similar appeals where a serviceman has lost his medals.
It does beg the question, why take anything of value for 'a few drinks' if they are not safeguarded appropriately?

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 4 May 2023 09:33

My late father-in-law was in the Liverpool Scottish if I remember rightly. One would hope that people have enquired to see if they have been handed in either at Tesco or the Five Ways pub. Cx