General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rolf Harris

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Island

Island Report 23 May 2023 13:24

Dead. 93.
Paintings not bad and who didn't like Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport
Shame his 'roo wasn't tied down

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 23 May 2023 13:27

Did he say "it wasn't me it was Jake the Peg " :-D :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 23 May 2023 13:32

LOL :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 May 2023 13:45

:-D :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 23 May 2023 16:29

yes they kept it quiet, didn't realise he wasn't still in prison though....

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 23 May 2023 16:35

He should have kept his didgeridoo tucked away ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 23 May 2023 16:46

and his wobble board :-0 :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 23 May 2023 16:56

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 May 2023 18:17

One little boy had . . . . . . .

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 23 May 2023 20:38

He was out on licence, Bob.

Island

Island Report 23 May 2023 21:38

AG, I believe it was a little girl. Perhaps two little boys was a cover up.....

Island

Island Report 23 May 2023 21:57

Just seen, he died on May 10th and the funeral has already happened. Family wanted him to have a 'dignified funeral'. No dignity for the victims of his ilk but the family deserve some privacy.

agingrocker

agingrocker Report 24 May 2023 03:31

My Grandparents loved watching him on the tv, so for their 54th wedding anniversary in 1980 I took them to see him. I left him a message at the theatre asking him to sign a card for them, he presented it to them during the show and made a huge fuss of them throughout the show, then I went to meet him afterwards and really liked him.

What a massive disappointment years later to find out that he was a paedophile. Those memories are no longer so happy.

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 May 2023 11:54

It's a difficult thing isn't it, like many I enjoyed years through my childhood watching him paint clever scenes, and later presenting 'Animal Hospital'. I enjoyed watching Gary Glitter on TOTP in the 70s buying records also.

More recently someone I watched regularly on tv thinking he was intelligent and learned ( which he is) turns out to be a conspiracy theorist connected to the people who peddle anti-semitic nonsense.