General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dentist and audiologists.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 May 2023 13:15

Do I need to go through my gp to see these people, I'm finding them to expensive privately.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 May 2023 13:23

Dentist are nothing to do with your GP ZZzzz and finding a NHS one is getting harder.

As for Audiologists, are you looking for a hearing test check up? Not sure if your GP has to refer you for this to your local hospital? You can ring GP and ask.

But the dentist problem is all over. Even though I don't work and semi retired, I have to pay for any treatment.

Florence in the hebrides

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 May 2023 13:28

If you want NHS hearing aids then you need to go through your GP. If you want private aids then you can book through a high street option direct.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 May 2023 13:32

I remember now that Boots do free hearing tests, next time you are near one, pop in and ask or are you asking about free aids on the NHS?

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 May 2023 13:34

Thank you Florence61 I shall look for an NHS dentist, wish me luck on that.

I'm already with an Audiologist but a private one, I just can't afford that now, I'm not looking for free ones just nhs ones because they will be cheaper.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 May 2023 13:57

NHS dentists - now as rare as hens teeth ;-)

Spec savers now do some NHS hearing aid works, but I think you still have to go through your GP.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 May 2023 16:07

I think all NHS audiology is free but you need I think, to be referred by your GP to the audiology for your area. I don't know if they are all in hospitals our main audiology department is in our main hospital.

I find if people are aware that I have a hearing problem they are only too pleased to help me by facing me and not covering their mouth when speaking.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 5 Jun 2023 20:21

If you have trouble finding a NHS dentist, try contacting 111 - a friend of mine done that and give a couple in area they lived that ere taking on NHS patients