General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A phone with a mind of its own

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 10 Jul 2024 17:25

We quite often see comments on posts about mistakes in typing, usually caused by the computer guessing wrongly what you wanted to say, but has anyone else come across this before?

OH has an i-phone, and he has recently noticed that, if he is typing while the TV is on, the phone puts what is being said on TV and not what he types!! :-S It is most odd and he is certain he isn't typing what they say!!

Island

Island Report 10 Jul 2024 19:52

Big Brother is watching..... :-0

Does he have his phone switched to speak mode so it is picking up the tele sounds?
No idea really but thought that sounded possible :-D
Very amusing though :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jul 2024 20:10

Strange sounds as if he has an app on his phone that takes messages down from the speaker. Not had my IPhone react to the TV but have had Alexa respond to a prompt to Alexa in a play.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 10 Jul 2024 21:05

Like Island I wondered if your OH had the dictate key switched on. Could he be accidentally hitting it when he is typing?

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 10 Jul 2024 22:13

Thank you for your suggestions. OH didn't know he had a dictate key!! He is now going to investigate, so if he finds anything I'll let you know.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 12 Jul 2024 18:01

Awhile ago, i was on the landline to my dad one evening and I asked him what's your weather like? Suddenly Alexa said" the weather today is cloudy with showers etc." My dad said," who is that talking?"

I then realised that our Alexa had picked on our conversation even though the Alexa was in the kitchen and I was in the lounge but with the door open!!

Big Brother is definitely listening!

Florence in the hebrides