General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian posters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Oct 2024 19:00

It's a wet Thanksgiving Day here in the Lower Mainland of BC.

Not at all a pleasant day, after a series of lovely Fall days.

Have a great day, everyone

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Oct 2024 19:12

Happy Thanksgiving, Sylvia.

I hope you enjoy your day.

Are there special celebrations where you live?

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 14 Oct 2024 19:23

Happy Thanksgiving, Sylvia :-)

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 14 Oct 2024 19:38

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all <3 <3

Enjoy your day Sylvia <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Oct 2024 20:41

Happy Thanksgiving to you & hubby Sylvia. Hope you have a lovely day <3

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Oct 2024 21:14

Blooming cold here in Ontario Sylvia rain threatened but none yet.
Had our meal yesterday so we have a day to recover but that doesn't work when I have so much leftovers....it's rude not to eat it all up isn't it?? :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Oct 2024 23:33

Thank you everyone.

I think it is going to be a quite different Thanksgiving for OH and myself in our new place. We didn't get turkey yesterday and it doesn't seem that we will be eating turkey tonight ................. the 7-day menu shows either Soy Ginger Chicken or Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry :-(

Gwyn ........... the usual celebration for Canadians is a full turkey dinner, with pumpkin or apple pie to follow. There is a division between those who eat it on Sunday evening so they can enjoy today, especially eating left-overs, and those who have the big meal today and blow tomorrow!!!

OH and myself always had the meal today, beginning around 1:30-2:00 pm, and inviting any of our friends or students that had nowhere else to go. That gave us a long evening to chat. Daughter and her husband have settled on having the meal on the Sunday.

It is always the second Monday in October up here, it is the 4th Thursday in November.