Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my cousin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 13 Aug 2015 16:30

Thomas j Chapman was born in poplar London c 1938 his parents were Thomas and France's Chapman. I believe he married a French girl called Ghislaine Galle Iin 1963.
He lived in London for a time and then went to Brittany, he was in contact with my family but we have no contact now. Can anyone give me some advice on where to go from here, he may well have died now but not sure how to look for French death records.
Thank you
Sue

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Aug 2015 18:08

FMP transcribes her name as CHISLAINE Y GALLE

They had 2 children while in the UK – a boy in 1968 in Redbridge reg and a girl in 1970 Rochford Reg.
Both regs can be found on http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
Put in Chapman as surname, Galle as mothers maiden name and year parameters 1968-1970

It may be easier to find them on Facebook or other social media

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Aug 2015 18:14

Heh, I had typed the below and was checking electoral rolls in England (no luck)

great minds :-)

actually it is GHISLAINE with a G though (the female form of Ghislain)

=====================

Thomas and Ghislaine had two children in England - you can find their names by searching for births with surname Chapman and mother's surname Galle at

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

they don't seem to have married in England by 2005 so that is no great help, but at least you have their names then.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Aug 2015 20:00

Google the French White pages. Someone with the son's name and correct age is listed in Louargat, Brittany.

Rose

Susan

Susan Report 13 Aug 2015 20:46

Thank you so much for this information, I will hopefully find the family now.

Regards

Sue

Susan

Susan Report 17 Aug 2015 15:46

I not having much luck with the phone numbers, maybe they are away!! Just wondered if I can get access online to French death records as I can't seem to find the father Thomas Chapman alive either in England or France.

Sue

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Aug 2015 19:19

Wouldn't it be better to write?? August is traditionally the month when those who can go off on a long holiday + they've just finished celebrating the public holiday, Bastille Day.

From memory French deaths are registered and held by Departement. You'd have to know where he died before you can approach the correct one. Someone born 1938 would be c77 and could well be alive. He may rely on a mobile phone, or be living in a communal home, or even with his son.

Susan

Susan Report 17 Aug 2015 20:04

Many thanks for your advice, I will try writing to them.

Sue