Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 30 Aug 2015 12:14

Not quite sure if this is the right place for my question as it involves living relations I hope no one minds.

I was wondering if any could help me find two marriage records for one of my mothers aunts. As this involves living people and is a little sensitive I would rather not post all the details here but if anyone can help could they please either send me a pm or post here and I will pm the details. Thank You.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Aug 2015 13:41

Have you tried http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl ? An ongoing project aiming to reach 1973.

You can also search for free on GR. Then do a reverse search for the males surname and wifes surname.

Added - if they'd previously married, the next one might be under their Ex's surname

Tawny

Tawny Report 30 Aug 2015 13:50

Despite being my mothers aunt she married twice after 1973. She had children and they are I believe younger than me. I was born in the mid 1980s

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Aug 2015 14:18

If you want to PM me with what info you have I can take a look

Tawny

Tawny Report 30 Aug 2015 14:22

Thank you. Have sent a pm.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Aug 2015 14:49

Replied :-D

Tawny

Tawny Report 30 Aug 2015 15:06

Thank you

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Aug 2015 19:15

In case its of help in the future - apparently Familysearch have the GRO indicies to 2006.
You learn something new everyday ;-) :-D

Tawny

Tawny Report 31 Aug 2015 12:44

Thank you will try that next time.