Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LOOKING FOR ADOPTED BROTHER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly

Kelly Report 9 Sep 2015 13:45

I am looking for my brother who was adopted I believe in 1968. His Birth name was DARREN LEWIS PALMER and he was born on the 3RD DECEMBER 1967. From what my mum has told me he was adopted by a couple with the surname Holland who lived in Streatham and had four/five girls.
Apparently he was registered on the GRO adoption site as wishing to make contact in 2008. I have been looking for him for over 30 years now, if anyone may know him or if your D.O.B is 3rd December 1967 and you were adopted please reply

Thanks Sara

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Sep 2015 15:05

Have you reg on the national adoption site. If so they will give him your details and possible contact details

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Sep 2015 15:06

Have you looked on search members trees to see if he is listed

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Sep 2015 15:49

Here's the link

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Sep 2015 16:12

On another site you say he's moved from the address he listed in 2008. Do you have that address? You should be able to see who was living there from 192.com or a local library.

Rose

Kelly

Kelly Report 10 Sep 2015 00:49

Yes all my details are registered with the general register office and I don't actually know for sure he isn't at the same address he registered with in 2008 and I do not know his real adopted name to be true it could have been different to what ive been told as alot of people back in them days the 60s changed the names so its very tricky to check electoral rolls and as I'm still waiting a reply as to whether he still resides there but seems likely he's not there as its been a while and haven't heard anything as they said they will notify me immediately if they receive a response from him

Kelly

Kelly Report 10 Sep 2015 00:58

And I've checked loads of message boards, ancestry, friends reunited, lookup, 192 and with the info I have its very difficult to trace someone who's been adopted

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Sep 2015 01:33

Don't forget to add his name to your family tree on here.

Rose