Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wells/Holloway

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 29 Oct 2015 14:38

My great uncle John Henry Wells married Jane Holloway in 1914.
2 children born - John L in 1918 and Iris M in1919. All in London area.
Good to know if anyone is connected to them.
Sue

Pam

Pam Report 29 Oct 2015 14:55

Go to SEARCH at top right of this page and then click on Search All Member Trees. Put the names into the search and see if anybody has them in their tree on here.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Oct 2015 23:49

We’d often suggest buying the DC of the last to die as the informant is frequently a relative. One tree on Ancestry suggests this for John.

Name: John Henry Wells
Probate Date: 9 Nov 1944
Registry: Llandudno
Death Date: 4 Dec 1942
Death Place: London, England

Probate Calendar
Of 22 Grosvenor Crescent Kingsbury NW10 died St Andrews Hospital Dollis Hill Middx. Admin to Jane Wells, widow. £907

Any idea when Jane died, or if she remarried?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 30 Oct 2015 20:42

Iris's name is not hugely uncommon and her birth was registered in Hendon district so it's not hard to make a fairly confident guess for her marriage

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
-- births, marriages and deaths in England & Wales, free to search

Marriages Dec 1939
Bending William C Wells Hendon 3a 2329
Wells Iris M Bending Hendon 3a 2329

then you can search there for Bending births with mother Wells

there are two births in the 1950s with no other marriage that easily accounts for them so those names are worth investigating (the war could have interrupted the marriage)

of course it helps if you say whether you know of Iris or John marrying/having children ... or what their middle names were ... or basically anything else you do know about them

It's very unlikely that anyone connected will ever see your message, but you or others actually searching could find someone!

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 30 Oct 2015 20:45

Name: Iris Myrtle Bending
>> Birth Date: 15 Apr 1919
Date of Registration: Jan 1992
Age at Death: 72
Registration district: Surrey North-western
Inferred County: Surrey
Volume: 17
Page: 798

so that is her marriage; death matches birth registration

Births >> Jun 1919
Wells Iris M Holloway Hendon 3a 441

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 30 Oct 2015 20:49

go here

http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/

and search for the name Lawrence with the surname of Iris's husband as above

that listing is current (checked against 192.com for dates) and that person will be able to tell you whether he is connected with Iris

you will also find the listing at BT on line

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 2 Nov 2015 16:15

Susan has replied by private message - I think you won't mind if I copy it here Susan.

It is always best to reply in the thread so everybody sees it ... and so we don't have to try to remember what the heck a message is about

yes, believe it or not, only two days, and the name 'Wells' just wasn't ringing a bell :-)

but fortunately your post was still relatively high up in my My Threads list!

good luck and I hope you are able to meet the newfound families

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks - a great help. I never knew that my Grandfather had a brother and sister so the family is growing!!
A friend has found the marr. cert. which shows the correct family address in Lisson Grove .I can now carry on with this line.
Kind Regards
Susan