Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Braczkowski

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 5 Oct 2016 03:17

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to help a friend hopefully find some living relatives and maybe some information about who they are descended from. Their names are Wladyslaw Braczkowski, who married Helen Howard in 1959. They may have had 2 sons in 1965 & 1968 (who would probably still be living). She was also hoping to find when Helen passed. She has been unable to find out much after they married. I searched Ancestry for her which is where the dates for the sons came from. I don't think it would be a common surname and the surname and mothers maiden name matched. Any suggestions are most welcome :-)

Thanks for your Time
Have a lovely day :-)

patchem

patchem Report 5 Oct 2016 06:58

Ask your friend to get the marriage certificate for the name of his father?

Does she know that Helen has definitely died, as if she was born in the 1930's she is likely to be still living?

Have you looked on facebook for the children?

Is it likely that they have moved to another country, or altered their surname?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Oct 2016 08:21

The only records for that name on FMP are the marriage and the two sons births

Maybe they emigrated

This one shows too but they aren't sure of his name

First name(s) MICHAL
Last name BRACUK-BRACZKOWSKI
Gender Male
Birth day 10
Birth month 1
Birth year 1884
Age -
Death quarter 4
Death year 1974
District GREENWICH
County London
Volume 12
Page 1163
Country England
Record set England & Wales deaths 1837-2007
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from Great Britain
(c) brightsolid online publishing ltd

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Oct 2016 08:29

There seems to be a lot with that surname living in the USA

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 5 Oct 2016 08:54

Helen appears London Electoral register 1961- 1965 (ancestry only show up to 1965). She appears alone, possibly indicating that Wladyslaw was maybe not a British citizen eligible to vote?

He was definitely living with her- as there are entries in the London phone book for the same period for W Braczkowski at the same address.

I don't see any phone listings for him after 1964.

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 5 Oct 2016 10:04

Thanks everyone for your help :-) I will pass this information on to her. I am very grateful for your help :-)

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 5 Oct 2016 10:05

I checked facebook for the Surname for Braczkowski and there was only 2 on there so I have given her those details :-) Thanks again :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 5 Oct 2016 10:06

Wladyslaw Braczkowski was given naturalisation 17th Sept 1974,so was still in UK.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Oct 2016 11:11

Extract from the London Gazette 19 Dec 1974. Its a list of people who had been naturalised

Braczkowski, Wladyslaw ; Poland ; 31 Palace Road, London
W.8. 17th September 1974.

Might they have Anglisized or changed their surname?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Oct 2016 11:23

As the naturalisation notice provides an address, it might be worth looking for historical ER and tracking forward from that year. If a Helen is still living there but with a different surnam AND with a potential husband that might help find them elsewhere.

The child born 1965 would have been eligible to vote in 1983. Althought they'd probably have moved by then, you might be lucky and find him at the same address.

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 5 Oct 2016 21:42

Thanks so much for the naturalization details :-) I will pass them on. It will be a good place for her to start looking again :-) Have a great day and thanks again to all of you :-)