Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for descendants of Leslie VH Bingham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penelope

Penelope Report 18 May 2017 17:11

I am looking for any living descendants of Leslie Vernon Howard Bingham, who was born in 1914 and married Nellie Gamble in Coventry in 1939. They had a son, Robert Forrester Bingham, born in 1941. Leslie was living in Poole, Dorset until the 1980s (possibly remarried) and then moved to Wales. I have some photos which I think belong to this family.

malyon

malyon Report 18 May 2017 18:32

looks like I boy born 1966 to the marriage in poole

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 May 2017 18:36

For info, because it may help, Leslie was actually born Stickland. His parents subsequently married and he had a brother:

Births Mar 1914
STICKLAND Leslie V H Stickland Plymouth 5b 340

Marriages Sep 1917
Bingham Forrester Stickland Wareham 5a 584
Stickland Mary Bingham Wareham 5a 584

Births Sep 1918
Bingham Forrester G Stickland Poole 5a 361

You can search trees at this site to see whether anyone has the various names in their tree.

At https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
you can also find another Stickland+Bingham marriage, in Poole 1958, of people who might be related; since there is a good chance they are living I will not post the details here.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 May 2017 18:38

I would not have posted the 1962 marriage here for the same reason, but I did search for possible Wilson births with that mother's surname, and there appear to be none. EDIT - Ancestry was apparently being difficult and not showing the birth malyon has referred to. It can be found at freebmd, to get the name.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 May 2017 20:26

Nellie Bingham
Birth Date: 6 Jan 1919
Date of Registration: Dec 1970
Age at Death: 51
Registration district: Chesterfield
Inferred County: Derbyshire
Volume: 3a
Page: 443

patchem

patchem Report 18 May 2017 20:44

Leslie Vernon Howard Bingham died 16th September 2012, grant and will to find beneficiaries:

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Penelope

Penelope Report 18 May 2017 23:06

Many thanks for all the extra information which has been provided. I had discovered most of it, apart from Leslie Vernon's date of death - thanks patchem. I think Leslie may also have had daughters born in Poole 1946 + 1950.

malyon

malyon Report 18 May 2017 23:12

2 daughters and a son William 1951

not finding a marriage for william