Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Beard family High Easter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 18 May 2024 15:31

Trying to trace the family history

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 May 2024 15:34

Can you give us some names and dates, please?
How much do you know already?

What research have you done yourself?
How far back have you gone?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 May 2024 15:50

Looking at 1861 census - completely at random, as I don't know what years you're interested in - there were Beards in seven different households in High Easter:

There were lots of Beards in High Easter in all the censuses 1841 - 1921.

You'll have to give us details of some particular Beards you want to follow.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 May 2024 15:50

Not a very informative post.

PLEASE give us some idea of what you already know

Is this your family - not that of a friend?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 May 2024 15:51

There is a previous thread about Lodge of High Easter, to which Terence didn’t bother to return, despite several members sending PM’s requesting him to do so

That thread shows poster’s mother’s maiden name to be Beard…………..

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 May 2024 18:05

As Erika says - a not very informative post.
This is the Living Relatives board - so is that what you are after? In which case it is not what you suggest in your OP, which could be read as a request for someone to do All your research for you.
I expect the other thread Erika mentions is full of good advice.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 May 2024 18:47

If you are hoping for living relatives to contact you, I'm afraid it's highly unlikely that any will happen to spot your post here.

Try searching for names of Beards that you know, on "Search all member trees" under "Search" at top right of this page.
If there are results for any of them, click "Find out more" beside the tree "owner"'s name, and send a message explaining your interest.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 May 2024 10:47

Poster’s grandparents were John Beard born 1888 at Good Easter and Bertha Beaney born 1895 in Hampstead.

They produced several offspring……

I will not research further back until the poster returns and adds feedback. It would be a waste of time