Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

More potential Siblings - Success Story So Far

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Holly

Holly Report 22 Jul 2024 15:36

Hello all, my name is Holly. I used this site 8 years ago and found my sister who was "deceased" though a long back story she was not deceased but given away. Anyhow after much discussion, we have decided to look for another sibling possibly a male adopted in the 1980s. Your birth Mothers name given on your original birth certificate would have been either Emalijana Fabienne Froud Santeiros or Emma Gentle, You would have been born in England.

<3

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Jul 2024 15:58

Welcome back to Genes. I don’t know what happened last time but it is extremely unlikely that the person would see this post.

I get the feel you may not be in England yourself. The best thing for you to do is register with the UK governments adoption register. Then if that person, who you say is male with a female name, sees it on there they will be notified that you are looking for them.

Freebmd has an Emma Jayne Gentle born in Peterborough in 1985 with the mothers maiden name as Gentle - could this be the one.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Jul 2024 16:16

Both possible forenames given by OP are female

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Jul 2024 16:22

Exactly, but Holly refers to that person as ‘possibly a male’. Hopefully it was just a typo.

But nowadays you never know.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Jul 2024 17:49

Holly

Have you done any online research at all?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Jul 2024 08:23

For our reference:
The mother married a Froud in 1990.

The birth of a Santeiros child with mmn Santeiros was registered in 1988 (and also a possible alteration) in same place as the 1990 marriage.

That's the only child with mmn Santeiros born in England, up to the limits of FreeBMD - or even later, per Ancestry.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Jul 2024 09:47

Holly
You need to clear about who you are looking for. Freebmd will be useful for finding the oringinal birth records - then the only thing you can do is register with the Gov. Adoption register.

No one here is allowed to access adoption records.

Names.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jul 2024 10:10

Presumably the 1988 birth is the one ‘found’ as per OP (in OP's GR tree!)……..I checked records on FMP yesterday, but decided not to post info on here, as it's so recent

The ONLY records for the name Santeiros on FMP are the two mentioned above

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jul 2024 13:00

For your information, Holly, the register referred to above

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

PatW

PatW Report 24 Jul 2024 22:34

My son was adopted in 1958 and 4 years ago I registered with the adoption contact register and he got in touch with the help of a mediator. I now see and speak to him and his family regularly. I think the £30 was very well spent.
P.

Holly

Holly Report 26 Jul 2024 11:02

Sorry everyone accept my apologies I have been busy with work and only came back online. I have edited the post. The sibling I am looking for would have been born male. I meant to say their birth mother’s name would have been as the name above. I decided to use here as this is where I found my adopted sister, she had been looking for any biological family too.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jul 2024 11:26

Thank you for coming back and explaining - now making sense.

Are you saying that you are not using the Adoption Register? Seems a shame.

You must have an idea about where in the country this child was born - so use freebmd to find the original birth entry - that will at least give you a year of birth

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Jul 2024 12:34

"I meant to say their birth mother’s name would have been as the name above."

If you mean Santeiros -
as already said, the child born in 1988 is the only one with mother's maiden name Santeiros.

If you mean Gentle -
there were large numbers of children born 1980-90 with mmn Gentle, all over England/Wales.

You would have to spend a fortune on birth certs to find out if any of the mothers were Emma/Emalijana.

[Incidentally - and nothing to do with Holly's query - I notice two children born in that timeframe with parents' surnames Gentle and Strong. Nice! ]

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jul 2024 12:39

You can easily look for info yourself using freebmd, which is all anyone on here can do.

BUT as has already been made clear, there are NO births in England/Wales with MMN Santeiros others than the one for the person you have traced.

Look yourself for births with MMN Gentle, as per your amended post

No-one other than you has the name Santeiros in a tree on this site.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Jul 2024 12:53

From what you say, I gather that your sister saw your thread on here, and responded. Is that the case?

If you are hoping that your possible brother will do the same, I suggest you edit the title of your thread to include the names Santeiros and Gentle.

It might not occur to him to look at a thread entitled vaguely "More potential Siblings - Success Story So Far"

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jul 2024 12:54

PM from Holly - basically saying she still expects to get results on here - because she struck lucky 8 years ago :-S :-S