Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any surname

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 4 May 2009 21:53

we have nottinghamshire cds baptisms marriage and burials mainly go up to 1900 also notts general cemetery and basford willing to try and find information for you
sharon and lorraine

Lianne

Lianne Report 4 May 2009 22:23

hi
can you find any background family info on edward martin b 1749 died 1841 he was married to martha wilson born 1759 died 1849.i know he died in notts and had a son christopher born 1802 many thanx lianne

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 5 May 2009 03:41

I can trade for Northamptonshire marriages!

How come nobody's taking advantage here? ;)

IGI has, for marriage of ROBERT COOPER and SARAH SMITH:

1. Robert Cooper - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 15 MAY 1823 Calverton, Nottingham, England
2. ROBERT COOPER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 05 MAY 1823 Calverton, Nottingham, England
3. Robert Cooper - International Genealogical Index

-- all submitted, of course.

If I could confirm that, it would be wonderful -- my grx3 grandparents, supposedly. ;)

Sarah (Smith?) Cooper shows up in censuses living by REUBEN COOPER, definitely my grx2 grandfather -- born 1825-27 in Calverton in all censuses but 1841, where he's missing. On 1872 marriage certificate, his father is Robert Cooper.

Any record of his birth (possibly as Smith to Sarah alone?) would be stupendous.

Thanks for the offer!

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 5 May 2009 13:48

Hi Sharon

Thanks for you offer, could you please have look for My GGG Grandfather

George Drury born 1788 Linby Nottinghamshire, died 1868 Also Linby Notts. Would your records show where he maybe buried, plus any othe info would be great.

Many thanks
George

Sharon

Sharon Report 5 May 2009 16:32

hi lianne
baptism of christopher wilson 3 5 1803 notts st mary
possible marriage for christopher martha gamble 15 7 1820 notts st mary if this is your family i have baptism of their children
burials edward 2 6 1841 age 91 notts st mary willoughby row
martha 17 6 1849 age 88 notts st mary willoughby row
i cannot find any information on edward wilson but a possible baptism for martha wilson 20 51753 southwell minster to joseph and elizebeth
hope they help
regards sharon

Sharon

Sharon Report 5 May 2009 16:52

hi janey
the only thing i can find at this time is robert cooper to sarah smith 5 5 1823 calverton sorry
regards sharon

Sharon

Sharon Report 5 May 2009 17:08

hi marion
i have found elizabeth norman born 21 6 1841 baptised 18 7 1841 nottinghan st barnabas cat i presume this is catholic to joseph and sarah coxon
i think henry is possibly derbyshire have you tried derek on records office he is the main man for derbyshire records maybe he can find his birth/baptism
regards sharon

Sharon

Sharon Report 5 May 2009 17:25

hi george
linby has not been transribe by nottingham family history society ill make a note and next time i go to nottingham i see if i can find anything
regards sharon

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 5 May 2009 17:48

Sharon

Thanks for your time and trouble, much appreciated.

Another question do you have info on Southwell Notts,. i have plenty of my ancestors who were born and died there, if you let me know i can post details of them.

Thanks George

Dea

Dea Report 5 May 2009 17:52

Hi Sharon

Apologies (to you and Janey) if I am interfering but, on behalf of Janey, can you find anything on the following?

Or do you already have this Janey??

HARRIET SMITH OR COOPER
Birth:
Christening: 20 JUL 1822 Calverton, Nottingham, England

Parents:
Father: JAMES COOPER Family
Mother: SARAH SMITH

Source Information:
Batch Number: 7519120
Sheet: 69
Source Call No.: 0884583 Type: Film

Thanks,

Dea x

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 5 May 2009 18:25

Sharon --

"the only thing i can find at this time is robert cooper to sarah smith 5 5 1823 calverton sorry"

-- you mean you *did* find it?? It's there and it exists?? That's tremendous! Thank you! No fathers' names, I suppose ...? ;)

Dea -- there are Coopers littering the landscape in Calverton. That could indeed be interesting (doesn't fit with any children of Sarah's I've identified). So as not to litter this thread, I'll PM you later!

Dea

Dea Report 5 May 2009 18:46

You are quite right Janey - I look forward to hearing from you direct.

Dea x

Lianne

Lianne Report 5 May 2009 19:41

hi
thanx for looking that up its very good of you .been a great help thanx lianne

Sharon

Sharon Report 6 May 2009 21:52

hi george
yes the discs cover southwell let me know what you want and ill see if i can find anything for you
regards sharon

Sharon

Sharon Report 6 May 2009 22:01

hi janey
yes the marriage is there in black and white glad to be of help the disc does not give fathers but i may be going to nottingham in the next holidays from school so i will try and look it up for you
best wishes sharon

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 May 2009 20:36

That's great, Sharon - the IGI has just been trashed up with so much submitted stuff about these people that one doesn't know what to believe. I can tell my remote cousin in Worksop now. ;)

If you really feel like hunting for them when you are there, drop me a PM before you go and I'll try to clarify for you. Thank you tremendously for that offer too.

Sharon

Sharon Report 9 May 2009 17:09

n

Winifred

Winifred Report 9 May 2009 18:01

Dear Sharon and Lorraine,
Thanks for offering to find information.
Could you find thebirth and the parents of Thomas Horner who married
Rebecca Booth 27th April 1704 at Farndon, Thomas coming from Winthorpe, Notts.

Win Marriott nee Horner.

Sharon

Sharon Report 9 May 2009 18:27

hi winifred
cannot find a baptism for thomas found his marriage which you know sorry
regards sharon

Peter

Peter Report 10 May 2009 08:32

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for carrying out these Nottingham searches.

Can you possibly find the death details of William Broughton, born 1852, Stoke Damerel (5b: 285:) and his son William Owen Broughton, born 1875, Nottingham (7b: 282:)?

Many thanks,

Peter