Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My eyes are bleary!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 2 Apr 2008 14:53

Please can someone with fresh eyes just advise me please????
I am trying to find my husbands side of the family, it is now becoming a mare. This is what i know in a short nutshell and then you will see hopefully where i am going wrong!!!!
Henry Barclay 1876-1950 wed Kate (unknown) 1878-1955 had children
William 1902 - found 2 on bdm which are poss, all kids born in w/ham or islington.
Henry 1905-1950 cant find him at all, this is where it goes pear shaped. On the 1901 census it shows Henry Sr and Kate and Henry Jr aged 2?????
Alfred Alexander Robert 1907-1963 (hubbys grandad)
Frederick J 1910-1970
Stanley 1912-1966
Original info from old original photos and info from husbands aunt.
There were also twin girls but not known who/when they came into the family. They died at birth.
Even have Henry Sr address as Kimberley Road, Edmonton, until 1944 when it got bombed in ww2 and they moved to church lane/st Edmonton after.
I know William existed as he had 3 children but cannot find him, wife or children listed. Been on another site and thats not helped either. Have i just got children round the wrong way (or the aunt has maybe got confused) or have i located the wrong info somewhere along the line. I have sat for 4 hours now going over and through things and I think i'm now getting computer blindness????
Could someone take a look please and advise? Many thanks
Julie

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 14:57

Possible marriage for Henry and Kate

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1897 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>BARCLAY Henry Edward Islington 1b 666
Burnett Alice Maud Islington 1b 666
>>>Green Kate Elizabeth Islington 1b 666
WIETMAN Henry Charles Islington 1b 666

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 15:01

Births Sep 1897 (>99%)

Barclay Henry Albert Mile End 1c 518
Barclay Henry Charles Bethnal G 1c 243

Births Dec 1898 (>99%)

Barclay Henry Edward Pancras 1b 116

Births Sep 1899 (>99%)

Barclay Henry Charles Bethnal G. 1c 157

Births Dec 1901 (>99%)

BARCLAY Henry St. Olave 1d 198

My guess would be the 1898 Henry Edward as that was his fathers name, but could be wrong.

Julie

Julie Report 2 Apr 2008 15:02

Thanks Pam, I didnt know if Green was Kates surname but that shows up on Stanleys birth. Something more to go on! Thanks again x

Julie

Julie Report 2 Apr 2008 15:06

I think you are right, obviously Henry was before William hence i am getting my dates wrong! Thanks

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 15:08

This one could be one theirs

First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

Births Mar 1912 (>99%)

Barclay Stanley C Green Islington 1b 355

Julie

Julie Report 2 Apr 2008 15:09

Thats the Stanley i was sure was def one of theres, at least i'm not that far off !!!!!!!

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 15:15

Didn't find twin girls but did find twin boys

First name(s) District Vol Page

Births Mar 1900 (>99%)

Barclay Charles Islington 1b 208
Barclay Walter Islington 1b 208

First name(s) Age District Vol Page

Deaths Mar 1900 (>99%)

Barclay Charles 0 Islington 1b 208
Barclay Walter 0 Islington 1b 208

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 15:17

Why do you think you have a Henry born 1905 ?

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 15:19

If the name Green appears on the birth certificate then that is almost certainly the marriage.

Julie

Julie Report 2 Apr 2008 15:19

From husbands aunty, mostly from memory and she had a few things written on the back of photos. Could poss have been twin boys, again from the memory rather than facts, think this is why i am struggling with this side. Thanks very much for your help, thought i was going mad!

Julie

Julie Report 2 Apr 2008 15:22

I just got myself confused with the sons due to not being able to find William? I am now wondering if its possible she was maybe wrong with that son? Did think Green right due to Stanley but i again wanted to get all the facts right before i went down the wrong route again!

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 15:22

A possible for William

Births Jun 1902 (>99%)

BARCLAY William Herbert Islington 1b 164

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 15:25

I would be almost certain that Kate's surname was Green. You need to buy the marriage certificate as this will give you their father's names and then you will know you have the right people.

www.gro.gov.uk cost £7

I have given you the reference so they will not have to search for it for you. If you purchase it online - make sure you click the place whereit says have you got reference..otherwise it will cost more than £7.

Julie

Julie Report 2 Apr 2008 15:25

He was one of my possibles, the other i found was william james, born west ham, they were all from that area so again didnt want to go down the wrong path! think the aunty has got the right names and the wrong dates .... thanks for your help pam

Julie

Julie Report 2 Apr 2008 15:26

thanks pam, next step definately is getting the certificates. best place to start me thinks. thanks again

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 15:27

It is a nightmare with births after 1901 until 1911 as there is no way of checking without buying a birth certificate.

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 15:28

You're welcome...hope you get the tree right now !!!

Pam

Pam Report 2 Apr 2008 15:30

Births Jun 1907 (>99%)

BARCLAY Alfred Alexander R Islington 1b 150

Julie

Julie Report 2 Apr 2008 15:31

thanks for the advice/help, will order cert now with the ref numbers you have kindly given me, def had computer blindness!!!! thanks again pam. kindest regards jules x