Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chapman - Done marriage

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 26 Mar 2011 12:27

Help anyone?

I have got the names of 7 children born to parents (thomas, possible) Chapman and (Victoria, possible) Done in Salford from 1916 to 1930. Their names are Clarance 1916, Harold 1919, Albert 1921, May 1923, George 1924, Frederick 1928 and Margery 1930. There were however 13 brother and sisters but have only been able to find these 7.

I believe that Thomas Chapman was the 2nd husband of Victoria Done but I am unable to confirm as i cant even find a marriage for Thomas Chapman and Victoria Done on any of the records.

Can anyone give me any help?

Anything will be much appreciated.

Suzanne

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 26 Mar 2011 12:29

Which of the children are you descended from?

The marriage cert of that child would give father's name. The birth cert would give both parents' names - then you would be sure of your info. As it is, you are possibly on the wrong track ...

Jill

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 26 Mar 2011 12:36

Dont have marriage certificate............. but think I will bypass that and just order birth certificate. Done is defo right as the family were Done Bookmakers and betting shops.

Will dig deeper I think.

Suzanne

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Mar 2011 12:42

So if this was a second marriage then Done wouldnt be her name for the marriage if her maiden name was Done

jax

jax Report 26 Mar 2011 13:07

Cannot see any births for a Victoria Done

jax

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 26 Mar 2011 14:07

me neither Jax............cant find anything for Victoria Done at all.

On Freebmd, all the results for the birth of her children say father chapman, mother Done. dont know if this would be her maiden name or the name of her first husband.

Suzanne

jax

jax Report 26 Mar 2011 14:11

It would normally be her maiden name....where did the name Victoria come from?

jax

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 26 Mar 2011 14:42

Asked the grand daughter of Thomas Chapman, she seems to think it was Victoria.

Dea

Dea Report 26 Mar 2011 14:45

Well, I think that we can safely say that it probably wasn't ???

There is no record of her anywhere.

Could you tell us ALL the info you have please and we will see if we can help.

I have a 'possible' theory but it is impossible to find anything on the details you have given.

What connection do you think she had to the 'Bookmaker' Done's and what do you know about other members of that family?

Thanks,

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 26 Mar 2011 14:49

You have said that you talked to the grand-daughter of 'Thomas Chapman' yet above you have queried that his name was Thomas???

What do you know about him ??

Dea x

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 26 Mar 2011 15:19

Dea,

She was convinced that the GMother was called Victoria and the GFather was Thomas but like you say it seems that Victoria isnt the right name so maybe Thomas isnt either. I have spoke to his Grand daughter briefly today who thinks that she has a copy of Frederick Chapmans marriage certificate to Renee Wilson at home and will check it for Fredericks fathers name and occupation.

When i searched Frederick Chapman and his siblings on Freebmd they all came up as being born in Salford with the mothers name as Done. When I questioned her about the name she replied, 'thats the one Done bookies' is who they were.

I am stumped, struggling with both sides of this tree.

that is all the info i have to go on at the moment.

Suzanne

Dea

Dea Report 26 Mar 2011 15:37

Suzanne,

We need to go right back to what you 'actually' know and work back from there!!!

Is the Frederick Chapman + Renee Wilson the starting point?

The other info 'may' connect, but I think not. - Discard it for the moment !!!

Tell us what you really have on 'your' family and we can work from there.

Dea Xxx

Christine2

Christine2 Report 26 Mar 2011 15:51

This looks like the marriage when Suzanne comes back -

Name: Frederick Chapman
Spouse Surname: Wilson - Renee
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1950
Registration district: Salford
Registration county (inferred): Lancashire
Volume Number: 10f
Page Number: 1256

Dea

Dea Report 26 Mar 2011 16:01

That is the one Christine !!

This has become VERY muddled !! - Hope we can help!

Dea x

Christine2

Christine2 Report 26 Mar 2011 17:17

Not much help I'm afraid but I assume this is Renee's birth and death?

Births Jun 1931
Wilson Renée Harris Salford 8d 372

Name: Renee Chapman
Birth Date: 19 Mar 1931
Death Registration Month/Year: Apr 1986
Age at death (estimated): 55
Registration district: Salford
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 39
Page: 662

Christine2

Christine2 Report 26 Mar 2011 17:35

Think this might be Fredericks death. I wonder if he moved to be near one of the children? The other Frederick births that could fit this birth date were born miles away -

Name: Frederick Chapman
Birth Date: 16 May 1928
Death Registration Month/Year: Mar 1992
Age at death (estimated): 63
Registration district: Bolton
Inferred County: Lancashire, Lincolnshire
Volume: 38
Page: 96

Dea

Dea Report 26 Mar 2011 17:55

We need some more input from Suzanne here please.

Dea x

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 26 Mar 2011 18:19

hello,

I am back...............the frederick and renee births, marriage and deaths are all correct. Fred and Renee's daughter has confirmed these.
The only information I know for sure is that Frederick had 13 brothers and sisters. I only have the names of Clarence, Harold, Albert, May, George, Margery. As Fred has been dead since 1992 and all his siblings except Margery were older than him and also dead, I am unable to get any further information. Freds daughter doesnt have a copy of his birth certificate and thinks a long lost cousin may have it after clearing out the family home after the death of Freds mother and father..
I really appreciate all the help and trouble you are going to and realise that at the moment the info i have is very basic.
The above info is the only stuff i am definately sure of and is correct.

Suzanne

Dea

Dea Report 26 Mar 2011 19:06

Could the names of 'possible' siblings for Frederick include the following:

Annie, Alice, Mary, Alfred, John, Harold + William ???

Dea x

Norma Crellin

Norma Crellin Report 26 Mar 2011 19:14

Quite possibly!

Just had a text from freds daughter. she has looked at his marriage certificate and confirmed that Thomas Chapman was the father and recorded as a Labourer on the certificate. He is also listed as deceased. However, one of the witnesses is called victoria, this is were she thinks she has got that name from but the other witness is Mary Elizabeth Chapman. So Victoria is definately not her Grandmothers name but she is going to contact her brother to see if he knows her name.

All the above names are possibles.................harold and mary look like they are for sure.