Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

speedypete

speedypete Report 9 Oct 2008 19:46

Hi
I am trying to find the date and place of Death of Louisa Donkersley..
( Nee Lord ) She was born 1866 in Rochdale Lancashire and married Alfred Donkersley 1892 in Rochdale.
I have searched the BMD records but can not find her . Can any one help please as I dont know where else to look .

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Oct 2008 19:50

Have you searched the complete death index or just the name searchable transcribed index?

Can you narrow down the search at all? Was she still alive when any of her children got married had children etc.

She could have lived until the 1960's so if it was after about the late 1920's (which is when the transcribed index goes up to) then you have to look at every qtr. of every year in the complete index looking at every image.

Kath. x

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Oct 2008 19:51

When was she last known to be alive - such as witness on a marriage cert etc?

Do you have access to either Findmypast or Ancestry to check the FULL BMD rather than using the ones on FreeBMD which finish in the mid 1920's

~Whippet Lady~

~Whippet Lady~ Report 9 Oct 2008 20:15

????

Deaths Jun 1906 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donkersley Louisa 37 Huddersfield 9a 253

speedypete

speedypete Report 10 Oct 2008 10:21

Hi Kath
Many thanks for you reply I have done as you suggested but unfortunately still cant find Louisa but I will try again.
Regards
Pete

Dea

Dea Report 10 Oct 2008 10:24

Pete - Have you not seen the death details posted above by Whippet Lady?

Dea x

speedypete

speedypete Report 10 Oct 2008 10:28

Hi
Louisa was known to be alive in 1895 when she had her second son Harry.I have searched Ancestry up to what would have been her 100th birthday but without success. I my have missed it but I dont think so.
Many thanks for trying
Pete

speedypete

speedypete Report 10 Oct 2008 10:40

Hi
I had found the Louisa you mentioned but she is not my Louisa as the Louisa I am looking for wold have been aged 71 in 1937 and not 67 as shown for the Louisa you found I realize the two dates are pretty close but i don't think the 4year difference to be likely the Huddersfield would be right however,. what do you think.
Regards
Pete

speedypete

speedypete Report 10 Oct 2008 10:44

Hi Dea
Thanks for you input. Please see my replay to Whippet Lady. the more I think about it the more I think it is the same Louisa Notwithstanding the date difference.
Pete

Dea

Dea Report 10 Oct 2008 10:44

Speedypete - forgive me but you are not very 'speedy' today (or is it me) ??

The death reference given above for Huddersfield is for a 37 year old in 1906 !

This would be close enough to fit.

Dea x

speedypete

speedypete Report 10 Oct 2008 10:55

HI again Dea
I am still not convinced, as my Louisa was born in 1866 therefore she would have been 40 in 1906 and not 37 as stated to take this as my Louisa would seem to be taking the path of less resistance what say you ?
Pete

Dea

Dea Report 10 Oct 2008 11:13

I take it you have not got Louisa's birth cert as there was no Louisa Lord registered in 1866.

There were 2 born around that time in Rochdale - one in 1865 and one in 1868.

Donkersley is an unusual name and I think there is a very good chance that the death is correct but the birth could be either one of them.

If you would like me to have a 'little explore' for you - can you give all the details you have and I will see if I can find anything.?

Dea x

P.S. - As for the age thing - have you not realised that many ladies start to deduct a year or two from their actual age when approaching 40 ? (Tee hee).

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 10 Oct 2008 12:53

Pete,

Could I just ask you 2 questions please?

Have you been following the Louisa Lord with parents William + Maria?

secondly - do you have Louisa's marriage cert to Alfred? - If so, I take it her father was William but what was his occupation please?

Dea x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Oct 2008 14:13

You need to take ages at death with a pinch of salt!! They are only as accurate as the informant's knowledge. I have a lot of death certificates where the age is out by years.

Kath. x

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 10 Oct 2008 14:22

Pete,

If you check your other thread on Louisa, you should have remembered we had found her in Huddersfield on the census.

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1080341

Christine

speedypete

speedypete Report 10 Oct 2008 14:33

Hi yet again Dea
It would seem we are both on the same track. In answer to your first question yes William Lord b/ 1838 in Rochdale d/ 1891 in Todmorden Lancashire. married Maria Stott in 1860 she was b/1836 and d/ 1891 in Ormskirk also in Lancashire.' I have William's occupation as a Flannel manufacturer and land owner in 1841 and as a Merchant of woolen goods in 1851.Thanks again for your help and interest

Pete

Dea

Dea Report 10 Oct 2008 14:35

Hi,

Thanks for that Christine - I did not know there was another thread.

Having looked at it I am now CONVINCED that what I have found in my 'little exploration' today is correct.

I hate to say it but I believe that Pete has gone off on the wrong line!

If he has the correct Louisa - she didn't marry Alfred.

If he has the correct marriage - she was not the daughter of William + Maria.

Please don't anyone search at the moment as I believe I have found the majority of the census + Bmd info already - I just need to know which one Pete needs to connect to.

I will wait for him to come back with some more info and then post everything I have found in a logical order.

It is very complicated so I am sure further help from everyone will be needed later.

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 10 Oct 2008 14:44

Hi Pete,

I see you came back while I was typing!

Do you actually have the wedding cert? - If so, can you give me ALL the details from it please?

Dea x

speedypete

speedypete Report 10 Oct 2008 14:46

Hi
Oh dear where am I now. I acknowledge what Christine has said .This new info has me completely
confused. I look forward to hearing from you again Dea as it would appear you have my problem sorted'

Pete

Dea

Dea Report 10 Oct 2008 14:50

Yes, I think I do but firstly I need you to tell me how you got to Louisa Lord - there are 2 and I have followed them both!

We need to establish which one is yours then I can give you all the proof!

Dea x