Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Required!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 16:10

If anyone could help me in my quest to find my biological dad and brother it would be very much appreciated! My fathers name is Ivan P Fox, born in Scunthorpe 1952, and my brother is called Alexis Ivan Fox, born in Sunderland in 1979. Id be very grateful for any help, thank you
Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 16:18

Im trying to find them both, we were seperated when i was 2 and i stayed with my mother and my biological dad kept my brother and i havent heard of them or seen either of them since. My mum is unwilling to help me in any way and i dont have much to go off just that when they left we were in birmingham??

Sue C

Sue C Report 24 Sep 2008 16:18

Didn't you receive help on this yesterday?

**Janey

**Janey Report 24 Sep 2008 16:19

Have sent you a Scunthorpe address for an Ivan P Fox, there is no number listed, there are quite a few people listed at the address.

Good Luck

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 24 Sep 2008 16:25

Rea has already been given-

The name of what looks very much like her brother's partner

An area her brother was recently living in

2 addresses & phone numbers of a possible father

The birth details of 2 children who look very much as though they are her brothers

Information on how to get an electoral role search done

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 16:27

Yes i did recieve help yesterday but certain people took my request for help and turned into a arguement. I dont believe you can get too much help when you're trying to find people you havent seen for the best part of 30 yrs and i was told to delete the original one and start again which is what ive done

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 16:28

Thanks for the address how do you know who else is living there?? Is Alexis there with him??

Sue C

Sue C Report 24 Sep 2008 16:30

Surely you didn't delete without noting all the information that was found for you?

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 16:52

I am following up on everything that is being said to me but i dont see what the problem is with me enquiring some more?? I havent seen my dad or brother since i was 2 so i dont see how me asking for people to help me find them is a problem?? Isnt that what genes reunited is all about?? Does anybody else get as much stick on here for wanting to find their familys??? Im confused as to what im doing wrong??

**Janey

**Janey Report 24 Sep 2008 17:07

Good Luck Ria

Tom

Tom Report 24 Sep 2008 17:09

Hi Ria,
I think some of the 'helpers' on here believe they own the site...........I've been got at too so have others .
Try to ignore it, don't let it upset you. It is a very traumatic and emotional time when welook for our close blood relatives, it isn't a game is it?
Good luck
Ann

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 17:11

Thank you for your kind comment, its nice to see that not everyone on here is rude and nasty!! It is quite upsetting to see how insensitive people an be
Thanks xx

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 17:20

Why is it that everytime i say anything julie its about you??? i deleted 1 thread so why r u interfering on this 1 as well?? Can you find someone else to victamise please

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 17:24

No offence ericthered but you havent got a clue about how complicated my family is so no just because i was given 1 address by 1 person does not or a second mean that Alexis is with him or even if its the right 1. Im NOT going to stop asking for help off of willing people who use this sight because they genuinly want to help people like myself i am not doing or saying anything wrong. It makes more sense to me to be given the same address several times instead of once before i chase it up as ive spent the last 8 yrs searching with no luck.

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 17:27

The world dont rotate around you and my world certainly doesnt. Believe it or not youre not the only person on here being unreasonable i havent asked you for your help so just leave me alone.

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 17:30

Grow up

Julie

Julie Report 24 Sep 2008 17:30

Yes why do you

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 17:31

everytime i say anything your presuming its about you........... GO AWAY

Nicki

Nicki Report 24 Sep 2008 17:33

As an outsider looking in. You really ought to be grateful that people who have paid lots of money for subscriptions to findmypast, 192.com and Ancestry etc are willing to give you information and try to help you.

Of course you could pay for your own subscriptions and find the info yourself.

I have reported your thread for review from the GR team, so hopefully this latest bit of bickering will cease forthwith.

Nicki

Ria Trezlyn Fox

Ria Trezlyn Fox Report 24 Sep 2008 17:38

I am extremely grateful to those that have helped me with the information ive recieved, i dont see how when you're a outsider looking in its not blatantly obvious that im being extremely polite and curtious to those that have helped me but certain people keep harrassing me?? ive reported it myself i havnt paid for my subscription to argue with people i have paid for it to find my family that i havnt seen since i was 2.