Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Holdsworth Family History

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 12 Apr 2010 02:03

getting a bit confused by all the contradicttory inforfamtion that I continualy come across?
Is there any one who can confirm weather it was richard or robert holdsworth who was granted a blazon of arms on the 2nd of April 1666 in hipperholme Nr Halifax Yorkshire by charles the 2nds herald
re burkes gentry?
Cheers Dave H

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Apr 2010 11:27

HoLDSwoRTH, of Holdsworth, &c., in Halifax, — Argent on the stump
of a tree raguled in bend a crow perched near the top proper

Holdsworth, of Ashday and Holdsworth, — Argent, the trunk of a
tree raguled and eradicated in bend proper

seems there were two of them but unfortunately no forenames given - it's a lengthy document but there seem to be no forenames for any of those surnames on there

Full text of "The coats of arms of the nobility and gentry o...
A long account of the dispute at the Heralds College respecting this coat ..... Holdsworth, of Ashday and Holdsworth, — Argent, the trunk of a tree .... Langley , of Hipperholme : Paly of seven, impaling a chevron between ...... At Uujisinffore — Jenkins, Paulet, Royal Arms of Charles II., also of 1615 ; Goodricke. ...

www.archive.org/stream/coatsofarmsofnob00turnric... - 238k - Similar pages

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Apr 2010 11:29

Malcolm Bull's Calderdale Companion: D
She was the second wife of John Fielden. Dearden's Farm, Hipperholme ..... They published the Todmorden Herald. Recorded in 1905 ...... In 1666, he issued tradesmen's tokens worth ½d bearing the image of a ..... He lived at Ashday Hall , Southowram which he inherited from his maternal grandfather, Thomas Holdsworth . ...

freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~... - 432k - Similar pages

[ More results from freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com ]

http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~calderdalecompanion/d.html

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Apr 2010 11:29

QUARRY
Alston, Charles 1755 A second dissertation on quick-lime and lime water. ...... Hipperholme stone was used for the principal steps / stairs, ...... Merstham firestone) with the City of London coat of arms, to the church at Merstham; ...... Peat & Holdsworth are favoured with instructions from the Directors of the ...

www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/quarry.odt - Similar pages

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/quarry.odt

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Apr 2010 11:35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert de Haldeworth Pedigree
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: About 1205 Of Holdsworth Hamlet,Ovenden Twp, , Yorkshire, England

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Apr 2010 18:54

David had better return to this - I have trawled through piles of dross to find this for him!!!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Apr 2010 22:38

n

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Apr 2010 10:15

n

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Apr 2010 13:04

n

Janet

Janet Report 14 Apr 2010 12:42

Shall I give a loud halooooooooo? -JLe

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 Apr 2010 12:59

I sent him a message - as yet unread - if he's not careful I'll track him down and then look out!!!!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 14 Apr 2010 14:20

He's had one of my message too, sent yesterday .....not opened as yet. He's probably heard that Ann's after him!! Cx.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 Apr 2010 20:49

well he's read my message - no response!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 14 Apr 2010 21:37

Same here!!! Cx.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Apr 2010 15:45

quite honestly David, if you can't be bothered to come back or respond to the messages we have sent you, why should we bother?

we know you have read the messages

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 16 Apr 2010 08:56

I sent David a message asking if the information found for him had been helpful. The reply I received indicated that it had not.

I sent a reply in which the words 'good manners' were mentioned!

Such is life. Cx.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Apr 2010 10:03

and I know I should not really do this but the reply I received is so arrogant I think fellow members should see it

Dear ann do not understand your message please use pain english or explian what info you claim to have found think you will find it is me that has supplied you with info regarding my family tree

Yours Dr David John Holdsworth, M.A. Hons PhD

just goes to show that if you are allegedly intelligent you are not necessarily blessed with good manners

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Apr 2010 10:03

beginning to think that maybe this person thinks we are employed by GR, not people who enjoy helping others

I notice it was "Cheers Dave" in his opemng post - my how you have changed

Did not impress me in any way at all, none of us put our qualifications on here or blow our own trumpets - something we are taught when we are young

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Apr 2010 10:08

and for the record this is the message which apparently was not in "pain" English which I sent

"are likely to return to your posting or not? if not, I shall delete the information that it took ages for me to find for you"

OK I omitted the "you" at the beginning but it is quite clear

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Apr 2010 10:57

also in your opening post it should be "whether" not "weather"

only two "t's" in contradictory and you do not spell information as you have - just pointing this out as you seem so keen on "pain" English