Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Isabella MacLean

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Isabella

Isabella Report 22 May 2004 22:30

LOOKING FOR ANY MILLARS FROM GLASGOW DESCENDED FROM WILLIAM MILLAR AND ISABELLA MILLAR OF RAGLAN STREET GLASGOW. NOT SURE OF ALL THE FAMILY. MY FATHER WAS THE YOUNGEST SON, WILLIAM. HAD BROTHER HUGH, SISTERS, SARAH, NAN, JEAN, MARION. TRYING TO CONSTRUCT FAMILY TREE. ANY INFORMATION GRATEFULLY RECEIVED. ISOBEL MACLEAN

Coral

Coral Report 30 Aug 2007 04:29

Hi Isabella, I hope we are related somehow. My mother's paternal family were MILLAR and originated from Glascow, Scotland. My Great-Great Grandfather was James MILLAR who married Ann KIRKLAND (yet to be confirmed) and my Great-Grandfather was William MILLAR who married Margaret GILBERTSON in 1886 in New Zealand. I don't know what brought them to New Zealand but he may have been a Merchant Mariner like his son. William was born in Glascow ?1857 and Margaret was born in Shetland, Lerwick, Scotland ?1860. They eventually settled in Australia, firstly in Melbourne Victoria and later in Cessnock New South Wales.
Their second youngest son (one of 4) was my Grandfather, Howard Wallace MILLAR B 1892 who married Elsie May Victoria INGLE B 1889? in Cessnock, NSW, Australia. My mother was their daughter Nola Rose MILLAR. William MILLAR died at a young age of 47 in a motor bike accident leaving my grandmother with their 6 daughters. She remarried later. As a result I have very little information about my Grandfather or his family. It would be soo wonderful if we were related or if you know of them. I wait eagerly for your reply,
Coral

Coral

Coral Report 4 Jan 2008 14:14

So far those names don't sound familiar but in time...you never know. Will let you know if there are any possible links.All the best with your research.
Coral