Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SANDY RUDD 1934- 2005

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacky

Jacky Report 6 Feb 2009 17:15

could someone please have a look & see if they can find a birth for sandy rudd in 1934 its his mothers maiden name i.m trying to find the birth would have been registered in north yorkshire once i have his mothers maiden name i.m hopeing i can find the marriage of his parents as his father married his 2nd wife my grandmother after he was widowed
many thanks in advance for any help given

jacky

Helen

Helen Report 6 Feb 2009 17:18

England & Wales, Death Index: 1984-2005
about Sandy Rudd
Name: Sandy Rudd
Birth Date: 7 Jun 1934
Death Registration Month/Year: Jul 2005
Age at death (estimated): 71
Registration district: North Yorkshire
Inferred County: North Yorkshire
Register number: L13
District and Subdistrict: 650/1L
Entry Number: 114

Jacky

Jacky Report 6 Feb 2009 17:27

hi helen
thanks for looknig for info for me but i have that info its his birth i.m trying to find to enable me to find his mothers maiden name

jacky

Helen

Helen Report 6 Feb 2009 17:31

The complete birth index seems to have disappeared from ancestry, unless its me.

Helen

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 6 Feb 2009 17:40

Hi jacky + Helen,

Ancestry has changed the births, it's now: England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005.

Unfdortunately I don't think they are complete at the moment.

I've had a quick look for sandy but haven't been able to find the birth registration.

Dee x

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 6 Feb 2009 17:47

I had 3 credits left on FMP, he wasn't registered in 1934 2/4 or 3/4 quarterchecked 1935 2/4 quarter not there either.

Think it might help if you change your heading to

Sandy Rudd FMP birth look up.

Dee x

Jacky

Jacky Report 6 Feb 2009 17:59

thank you
helen & denise for trying for me i,m just at a brick wall with it now was hopeing not to have to buy another cert lol but its the only way i.m going to beable to find his mothers maiden name & in turn will then will beable to or try to find his mothers marriage to a robert william rudd
once gain thanks
jacky

bob

bob Report 6 Feb 2009 18:05

Looked at fmp 1933 to 1934, no Sandy nearest was Sidney.

Bob.

bob

bob Report 6 Feb 2009 18:06

What year did they marry ?

Bob.

Jacky

Jacky Report 6 Feb 2009 18:26

hi bob
thats the problem i don.t know but it would have been before sandy was born so before june 1934 & it would have taken place in north yorkshire & be honest not even sure if sandy was there first born child but was useing his birth year as a starting point & going backwards but can find nothing so without sandy.s birth we can.t find out what his mmn was i was looking to see if i could find the marriage it would have been robert william rudd to ?????? in 1934 or before in north yorkshire but looks like i need sandy.s birth cert befor i going to find that out lol
thak you all for your help

jacky
ps sorry for delay in my reply i was scouting round other site to see if i could find anything but still nothing

Jacky

Jacky Report 6 Feb 2009 18:28

hi
it could be a possible but where is sculcoates is that in north yorkshier

jacky

BoroGirl

BoroGirl Report 6 Feb 2009 18:30

I see the death record but could Sandy be a shortened name
or a nickname ?

BoroGirl

BoroGirl Report 6 Feb 2009 18:35

Sculcoates is in Hull so could possibly in Yorkshire
what is Sandy's fathers name and what is his second wife's name

Jacky

Jacky Report 6 Feb 2009 18:37

hi
as far as my mother can remember it was his name she always knew him as that i have just had a look to see if there are any children born with surname rudd mmn barlow only ones i can find were miles away from where he was born but mum seams to remember that sandy did have siblings 99% certain there was 2 sisters
jacky

BoroGirl

BoroGirl Report 6 Feb 2009 18:45

where does the name Barlow come from ?

Jacky

Jacky Report 6 Feb 2009 18:50

hi sorry
it the possible marriage bob found for sandy.s mum & dad you see i know for certain his father was robert willaim rudd but know nothing about his mother
jacky

BoroGirl

BoroGirl Report 6 Feb 2009 18:57

can your mum remember any names for his sisters

Jacky

Jacky Report 6 Feb 2009 19:03

no she can.t remember but seams to think it may have begun with a D but thats all i can tell you
well other half just got home from work he wants feeding WHY i don.t know lol so will check back in a while thank you everyone for all your help
jacky

bob

bob Report 6 Feb 2009 21:26

Sorry People,
In my rush to get dinner I looked at the wrong line.

Here is what I should have written..

Robert W Rudd Hilda Grayson Sculcoats 1930 9d 934.

Poss Children,

Kenneth E Rudd Sculcoats 1930 9d 348
Robert W Rudd Sculcoats 1934 9d 374

Does this make more sense? Sorry for any confusion.
I will delete the wrong mail.

Bob.

Fiona

Fiona Report 6 Feb 2009 21:50

Could Sandy be short for Alexander