Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need to help to find Irish Birth Records

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Danielle

Danielle Report 25 Mar 2008 22:48

I am trying to find the birth records, or where I can obtain the information from for my great grandparents. I would also love to find when they were married. So far I have only been able to find their deaths.

Great Grandparents are:
Edward Francis Cummins born in 1895
Anna Redmond born in 1912
I am pretty sure both were born in County Wexford

I know that Anna was Edwards second wife, but who his first wife was I have no idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Keith Report 25 Mar 2008 23:01

there ore parish records on ifhf.brsgenealogy.com these are irish records not all counties are on yet but they are worth a look .good luck keith

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 25 Mar 2008 23:09

Were they married in Ireland?.
Any idea of year.

Betty.

Danielle

Danielle Report 25 Mar 2008 23:17

Thanks for that site Keith, I will definitely take a look.

As for the their year of marriage I don't know for sure, but I would think it would be somewhere in the mid to late 20's and yes in Ireland, I'm pretty sure in County Wexford. My grandmother was their second child, her name was Alice Cummins and born 18/9/32 in County Wexford.

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 25 Mar 2008 23:40

Hi,
I may be in town myself to-morrow to get some certs and can have a look up for you if you like.

Betty.

Danielle

Danielle Report 26 Mar 2008 03:58

Thanks for that Betty. I am in Australia so a bit harder to do things from here. My mum believes Anna was sixteen when she married Edward, so that would make the year 1928.

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 26 Mar 2008 04:55

O.K. Danielle,

will try for you anyway.Will let you know.

Betty.

Danielle

Danielle Report 26 Mar 2008 11:54

Hi INis, Thanks for that information.
The Edward Cummins 1894 could be right, I think the others are a little early.
Anna was definitely her name, so I am pretty sure the Joanna's are not right.
I also found the Cummins household you have, but checked with my Grandmother's sister, who said she was pretty sure that wasn't right, as Edward had an older brother Steven. I was so dissapointed when she told me that, as I thought I had finally found some good information. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 26 Mar 2008 21:59

Hi Danielle,
went into town to-day have some transcrisps of births and marraige but I think that at least one is the wrong one.
Here goes let me know which ones are right if any.
1893 Twenty seventh February Edward Cummins Ardcavan (address) mother Margaret Formerly Walpole
Father Labourer.
Informant Father Edward.
This is the wrong Birth for Anna.
Redmond A nna 23, July 1911 father Thomas,mother Catherine Frances (formerly Murphy).Shopkeeper.
MARRAIGE.
Cummins Edward 35 and Annie Redmond 19 should be 18
Edward widower Stonemason Crossabeg Fathers name Edward Cummins.Stonemason
Redmond Annie Bride Street Fathers name Michael Redmond Occ. Smith.
Date of Marraige 14th Oct. 1929.
Birth.
Cummins. Alice 18th sept. 1932.
Father Edward cummins Bride Street.
Mother Annie Cummins (nee) Redmond
The Anna's Birth is regestered as Anna but on the cert it is Annastatia.and different fathers name.
Let me know and I will be back in town on Friday or monday and I will look for Stevens birth cert and compare them then and should know for sure of fathers name.
Betty.

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 27 Mar 2008 01:06

n

Danielle

Danielle Report 27 Mar 2008 06:07

Thank you so much Betty!

It looks like the wedding one is right, though her daughter is sure her name is Anna (and the register of deaths say Anna Cummins), so maybe there was a misprint with the Annie. Strange though calling her Annie on both her wedding notice and my Grandmothers birth notice, but oh well.

Both birth notices are wrong I think, though her daughter can remember there being an Annastasia somewhere in the family, just not her mother.

I have found the death register for both Edward and Anna (both passing away in London). Edward died in 1958 at 63 years old making his birth year in 1895 or close to. Anna Redmond died in 1959 at age 47 making her year of birth 1912 or close to.

Stephen I think was younger but not definite on that, there should also be another brother Patrick not sure if older or younger, and sister Annie/Anna/Anne (known as Nan) and Sarah (known as Sis). I have no idea what order the children came in.

I don't know for sure but Anna could have had a sister May/Mary and a brother Andy/Andrew.

I'm so sorry I can't give you more definite or clearer information, but my great aunt (Anna and Edwards daughter) who is giving me the information was quite young when they passed away, and after the family moved away from Ireland, most of the information about their family seemed to have been lost.

Thanks again, so much.

Danielle

Danielle Report 27 Mar 2008 06:55

I'm reading through it all, and just realised that this wedding information, which is definitely right, (as even the occupation of stonemason is right and address of Bride Street matching my grandmothers birth notice,) makes their death notices wrong. If Annie/Anna died at age 47 in 1959, then when she married in 1929 she should have been 16/17. Could this be that she lied about her age maybe?? I'm confused.

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 27 Mar 2008 13:14

Hi Danielle,
It can be so confusing at times but I will keep on looking it will be easeir to look to see ANNIE/ANNAs
sisters brothers birth as they were born after 1900 when the books have mothers maiden on the books as well.
She was born in 1911 in July.
Did she die before July in 1959? if she did and married just after her 18th birthday, because subtracting 1911 from 1929 leaves her just gone 18 not 19 an if she died before July 1949 maybe whoever reported her death could have said that she was47 that year but she would only be 46, dont worry about it at the moment I will try and get to the bottom of it for you, I am from Wexford myself but live in Dublin pity I do not still live there as i could have maybe gone to the church and found out.I am from north Wexford.
I had the same trouble tring to find my husbands mothers and fathers marraige cert in England this father gave his right age but because his mother was alot older than his father she took a few years off her age, just thought maybe Annie/Anna did the same in tthe oppisite way because of the age gap.
will prod on anyway for you.
Betty.

Keith

Keith Report 27 Mar 2008 13:40

hi danielle .could you look to see if you can see any info on marriage of parents of joseph price born 1875 kilkenny ireland they are father william his mother rebecca on parish record entry ..i can find a marrage for william in kilkenny but his wifes name is margaret not rebecca and i cant see any more marriages it could possibly be best regards keith

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 27 Mar 2008 15:28

Hi Danielle,
changed my Genes name from John to Innsfree.
Keith do you mean for me (Betty) not Danielle to look up your rellies marraige for you.
I'LL try when I am in again to-morrow.
Betty.

Danielle

Danielle Report 27 Mar 2008 20:26

Hi Again Betty,
After talking with my mum we are wondering if she was Annie in Ireland (having Annie on her marriage cert and on my grandmothers birth cert) and for some reason changing her name to Anna in England (name on death cert in London). Edward and Anna/Annie had a son before my grandmother in Ireland before moving to London his name was Michael. I would guess he was born anywhere between 1929 and 1931. Maybe seeing if her name was Anna or Annie on his cert would help.

Anna's death was in the January/February/March quarter in England. (Ithink in February)

Anna/Annie had a brother Andrew/Andy and sister May/Mary, I am not sure if that was all of them or what ages they were.

I hope this information helps a little. I really appreciate what help you have given me so far.

Keith, Goodluck in finding your relatives, Betty is a wiz at finding information :)

Keith

Keith Report 27 Mar 2008 22:11

please accept my apologies so sorry wrong name i obviousley was not paying the attention i should have ..i would be very gratful if you would do look up for me best regards keith

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 28 Mar 2008 01:30

HI DANIELLE,
Will write them down and look them up to-morrow and will get back to you then, will hold on to the two right ones (Alices birth and Annas marraige cert) and now that I know that ANNA'S fathers name was Michael it will make it easier to get.Should have checked them before I left the records office.
Betty
Hi Keith,
it is o.k. I often get it wrong too. I will also let you know if i get your certs and let you know.
Betty.

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 28 Mar 2008 11:39

Danielle and keith,
I am sorry that I cannot get into town to-day as I have visitors but will be in first thing on monday if that is alright.
The suspense is killing me and I was already to go when they walked in,
Will get back to you both as soon as Iget them.
Betty.

Danielle

Danielle Report 28 Mar 2008 20:45

No worries at all Betty, I am excited to learn about my family also, but am very very happy to wait till you are able to go :)