Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rotherham All Saints Marriages 1754-1837

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 11 Sep 2008 14:40

I now have a C.D with the information listed above. I am willing to help with look ups.

Sandra

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 11 Sep 2008 17:18

n

Jubal

Jubal Report 16 Sep 2008 15:22

Hi Sherbert Rose,

Thats very kind of you.

Could you have a look and tell me if there are any Tradewell or Wigfall/Wigfull marriages please?

I have a few loose ends with both surnames and all you could find would be very helpful. If I am being too greedy, let me know and I'll narrow it down for you.

Best Wishes,

Jubal.

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 19 Sep 2008 21:35

Linda

Hi Linda, Sorry for the delay in replying, but I have been doing quite a few extra hours at work, and then not having time to get near the computer.

There was nothing showing up on the disc. However, considering that William was born in c1823 and the data finished 1837 this is not too surprising. There are plenty of Hutchinsons but with out a christian name this is of little use.

I have looked on ancestry to see if I could find a possible marriage for William and Ann.
There is a marriage for a William Hutchinson and Ann Green in Stockton 1845

Name: William Hutchinson
Year of Registration: 1845
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Stockton
County: Durham, Yorkshire - North Riding
Volume: 24
Page: 205 (click to see others on page)

I don't know if you have already seen this one. If this is the correct marriage it will show, both Ann and Williams fathers.

Sandra

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 19 Sep 2008 21:58

Jubal

Hi Jubal, Sorry for the delay in replying, but I have been doing quite a few extra hours at work, and then not having time to get near the computer.

Here are all the Tradewell and Wigfall marriages. I hope you will find this information of use -

30 Apr 1804 Brown John Bach otp Tradewell Mary Spinster otp Banns

17 May 1835 Woodhead John Widower this parish Tradewell Mary Spinster this parish Banns

18 Jul 1811 Sharphouse John Bach Ferrybridge Wigfall Elizabeth Spinster otp Licence

29 Apr 1793 Thornton John Bachelor otp Wigfall Martha Spinster otp Banns

11 Sep 1800 Green Joseph Bach otp Wigfall Mary Spinster otp Licence

23 Dec 1798 Jinkin John Widower otp Wigfall Mary Widow otp Banns

28 Mar 1785 Godber George Handsworth Wigfall Sarah otp Banns

22 Nov 1812 Tradewell George Bach otp Merrill Phebe Spinster otp Banns

12 Sep 1808 Tradewell John Widower otp Wigfield Mary Spinster otp Banns

25 Dec 1798 Tradewell John Bachelor otp Heel Sarah Spinster otp Banns

1 Nov 1829 Wigfall John Bachelor this parish Charlesworth Mary Ann Spinster this parish Banns

20 May 1765 Wigfall Samuel Bachelor otp Zanker Catharine Spinster otp Banns

28 Dec 1836 Wigfall Thomas Bachelor this parish Marriott Gertrude Spinster this parish Banns

9 Jun 1778 Wigfall Thomas Bachelor otp Senior Mary otp Banns

Sandra

Jubal

Jubal Report 20 Sep 2008 10:24

Sandra,

Thank you so much!

There are certainly a few there I didn't have.

Many thanks for your kindness.

Jubal

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 21 Sep 2008 18:01

n

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 6 Oct 2008 11:14

Hi Linda,

I have looked on my data base and I can not find a James Hutchinson.

Sorry,

Sandra

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 15 Oct 2008 11:50

n

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 28 Oct 2008 11:39

n

Jubal

Jubal Report 28 Oct 2008 15:15

Hi Sandra,

You very kindly helped me the other day, so here I am back again.

Could you have a look and see if there is a marriage in the early 1800's of a Richard H. Rodgers to a Mary please? Their first child was born c1809.

Many Thanks,

Jubaltroop

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 28 Oct 2008 18:43

Hu Jubal,

As soon as I can get access to my data base I will have a look for you, At the moment I am using a lap top and all my data is on the main computer in the study!!

Sandra

Jubal

Jubal Report 28 Oct 2008 18:55

No worries, just grateful for the help!

Jubal

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 28 Oct 2008 21:26

Hi Jubal,

Hubby has now gone for a bath, so I can access the computer in the study! I have found two Richard Rodgers marrying Marys.

21 Dec 1828 Rodgers Richard Bachelor this parish Dewsnap Mary widow this parish Banns

26 Dec 1808 Rodgers Richard Bach otp Dewsnap Mary Spinster otp Banns

Hope these marriages help.

If you need any more lookups just let me know, I am more than happy to help.

Sandra

Jubal

Jubal Report 29 Oct 2008 13:52

Hi Sandra,

Many thanks for that. For some time now I have been aware that there were two marriages of a Richard Rodgers (in 1808 and 1828), but what really confused me is that they both married a Mary Dewsnap! But at least I now know the first one was a spinster and the second a widow, BUT both Richard's were bachelor's.

The 1808 one looks likely because we know that Richard's first child was born in 1809 and that the mother's name was Mary, but I haven't a clue who the Richard could be who marries the Mary Dewsnap in 1828 because it says he was a bachelor too. Mary (1808) must die before the 1851 census because Richard is with another wife, called Ann on there.

It looks like the Mary (1828) was previously married to a Dewsnap, because the she was a widow.

I'm totally baffled by the whole thing!

Have you any ideas?

Best Wishes,

Julie

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 29 Oct 2008 18:20

Hi Julie, I found this entry on igi, but I think the Mary in question is to old to be the one who married in 1808 and had a child in 1809.

With regard to ideas - is it possible that the second Mary was the sister-in-law of Richard and Richards brother had died and as she was a widow and family member they got together?

If I think of any other possibilities I will get in touch I like a challenge, but I am still relatively new to this game myself.

Happy hunting, Sandra

Mary Dewsnape Pedigree
Female

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 26 JAN 1753 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England

Death:
Burial: 14 MAR 1813 Rawmarsh,West Riding, , Yorkshire, England

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: William Dewsnape Family
Mother: Mary

Julie

Julie Report 29 Oct 2008 18:33

Hi Sherbert Rose
Would you be kind enough to see if there are any Newbounds (sometimes Newbould)
Thank you
Julie

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 29 Oct 2008 21:20

1Hi Julie,

These are all the Newbounds/Newbould marriages. I hope they will be of some use.

Happy hunting, Sandra

8 Jul 1785 Barber Thomas Bachelor otp Newbold Ann otp Banns

24 Jul 1782 Ludlam Benjamin Bachelor Sheffield Newbould Ann otp Licence

4 Jul 1820 Biggin Isaac Bachelor this parish Newbould Charlotte Spinster this parish Banns

16 Oct 1825 Crampton John Bachelor this parish Newbould Elizabeth Spinster this parish Banns

22 Oct 1809 Sykes John Widower otp Newbould Esther Widow otp Banns

20 Jan 1799 Bains William Bachelor otp Newbould Hannah Spinster otp Banns

9 Mar 1835 Fidler Francis Bachelor this parish Newbould Mary Spinster Chesterfield Licence

29 Nov 1826 Swallow Isaac Bachelor this parish Newbould Mary Spinster this parish Banns

24 Jul 1825 Waller John Bachelor this parish Newbould Sarah Spinster this parish Banns

31 Aug 1812 Newsam Samuel Bach Harworth Newbound Elizabeth Spinster otp Licence

27 Jul 1828 Jennis William Bachelor this parish Newbound Mary Spinster this parish Banns

12 Oct 1806 Newbond Thomas Bach otp Copley Elizabeth Spinster otp Banns

26 Apr 1804 Newbould Benjamin Bach otp Charlesworth Elizabeth Whiston Banns

23 Oct 1836 Newbould Robert Bachelor this parish Reaney Sarah Spinster this parish Banns

11 Jun 1837 Newbould Timothy Bachelor this parish Wragg Maria Spinster this parish Banns

31 May 1819 Newbound George Bachelor Wickersley Bell Elizabeth Spinster this parish Banns

Julie

Julie Report 30 Oct 2008 08:06

Hi Sherbert Rose
Wow!! thank you and i'm sorry there are so many i thought there would only be 1 or 2
Thanks again
Julie

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 30 Oct 2008 12:11

Hi Linda,

I am sorry, I couldn't find much that will help you I am afraid. The only Martha Hutchinson is the one listed below and this is too early. I have listed it just in case it proves to be a relation and you find it ties in at some later date. There were no James Hutchinson marriages and the only William hutchinson marriages were in the 1700's. However, I can give you these if you think they will be of any assistance.

Happy hunting, Sandra

13 Jun 1818 Harris Robert Bachelor this parish Hutchinson Martha Spinster this parish Banns