Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NO pms please..results have been pm'd to you

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 3 Jan 2009 13:39

Please tell me if I have missed you out!!

I will be in Scottish Records Office sometime during the first half of January 2009.
I am happy to do some lookups....usual info required:

Name
DOB
DOD
Parents
Place
Middle names
Occupations
Any census you have found already..date age and place only.

Obviously, if you know ALL these things you don't need my help!!

Anything you can provide that you think will help.

NO private messages will be replied to.
If the info is sensitive say so in the thread and I will see if I can help or not.

Suzanne

Jean

Jean Report 3 Jan 2009 14:36

Hello Suzi-Wong, thank you for your kind offer, i have been looking for ages for a death of my great uncle james moore d.o.b.1877 in glasgow,i think anderston, hemarried elizabeth mcneill in anderston in 1899, she remarried , can't find a marraige for this either, to someone named fisher according to her death cert.in 1949. I have james and elizabeth and their son henry on the 1901 census living in glasgow. james parents were henry and margaret nee stewart. any information would be great, regards jean.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Jan 2009 14:39

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for your kind offer I am looking for the birth of a living person in 1943 is there anyway I could just send a PM I have all the details.

Betty

TeresainWirral

TeresainWirral Report 3 Jan 2009 14:45

Hi Suzi, what a kind offer.
could you tell me the name and relationship to the deceased of the informant for these deaths.

Helen Deans died 1981 Inverness
Rose Deans died 1984 Inverness

Teresa

Fiona

Fiona Report 3 Jan 2009 15:03

Hi Suzi I am looking for my Grandfathers family
Name James Blair Glass
DOB 26/9/1900
Parents John Glass, Annie Grieve, nee graham
he had a lot of siblings that were adopted but he ended up in a work/poor house
Thanks with hope
Fiona Turner

Jean

Jean Report 3 Jan 2009 16:04

Hi Suzanne, thanks for your kind offer, i wonder if you could find a death for mu mum;s uncle robert farnan born 1894 in dundee, last known address for him was balfour street, dundee, also his son gerald born 1937 also in dundee, robert;s parents were owen (andrew ) farnan and mary nee mckinley, geralds mother was helen tough. thank you jean

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2009 18:03

Sorry Suzanne - I just have the marriage regd. 1908 Alnwick but no certificate I'm afraid. Don't worry if this is an impssible ask because I know the info I can provide is poor. Thank you.

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 3 Jan 2009 18:15

Midlands Margaret...

The marriage cert is vital if you want to be sure you have the right family. I've tried on ancestry with the info you gave but there are lots of Cunninghams in Scotland and Katherine could have been mis-spelt as Catherine which is very common.

If you get the cert soon try to contact me again.

Suzanne

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2009 20:24

Hi Suzi - thank you very much for trying. Have been in touch with family members and it is thought that Katherine Cunningham maybe came from Annan which I believe is in Dumfrieshire. Thanks again

HelenBrissie

HelenBrissie Report 3 Jan 2009 22:12

Hi Suzi,

Many thanks for your kind offer. I am looking for the details of the following birth which I found on Scotlands People Index.

SP - Birth
1911 MORRISON Lily Isabella F District of Kelvin. Glasgow Lanarkshire

Parents James and Alexina Morrison.

Alexina (Alice) is also known as Fields (maiden name Wright). I would like to know if she is still listing herself as wife of John Fields on this birth certificate.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

bye Helen

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 4 Jan 2009 14:52

n

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 5 Jan 2009 13:55

n

Peter

Peter Report 5 Jan 2009 14:08

Dear Suzi,

Thank you for your offer of help. My gg granddad Patrick Gordon who was an iron worker and died in April 1913 in Middlesbrough, Yorkshire aged 37.

He moved to Middlesbrough by 1894 when he was a witness at his sister-in-laws wedding, and before marrying my gg gran in 1896. He was living in Middlesbrough in the 1901 census (The only census I can find him in when he was in Middlesbrough.). In this census his birth is listed as being in Middlesbrough, although my granddad said he was born in Glasgow, Scotland (according to family legend).

I know from his marriage certificate that Patrick's father was James Gordon, an iron worker, who had died by 1896.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Peter

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 5 Jan 2009 21:31

n

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 6 Jan 2009 11:42

n

Carter

Carter Report 6 Jan 2009 12:16

hi
i am looking for any info marriage or death on
HARRY CLIFFORD MORRIS
born c1880 Dawley Magna Shropshire
WILLIAM THOMAS MORRIS
born c1882 Dawley Magna Shropshire
parents were
BENJAMIN MORRIS c1853 Wombridge Shropshire died 10/6/1895 Dalziel Lanarkshire
EMMA ATTWOOD c1854 Shifnall Shropshire died ? Dalziel Lanarkshire

Benjamin and emma had 6 children and moved to scotland c1883 i have the marriages of the other 4 children but not of these two sons - the two eldest

this is them on the 1901 census

The family are living at 22 Princess Street Motherwell Lanarkshire
Emma Morris ( Widow ) head age 47 years born England
Harry C Morris son age 21 years born England occupation is drapers assistant
William T Morris son age 19 years born England occupation is blacksmith stoker
Julia Morris daughter age 13 born Shieldmuir Lanarkshire occupation is scholar
Benjamin Morris son age 10 years born Motherwell Lanarkshire
Albert Morris son age 8 years born Motherwell Lanarkshire occupation is scholar

if you could find out if harry and william ever married or if they died that would be great .
if not dont worry and thanks so much for your kind offer
linda

Blue1

Blue1 Report 6 Jan 2009 13:26

Hi suzi,
I have a brick wall which i would like to get over,excuse the pun!
He is John Geddes born circa 1781 in Scotland,and thats all i have for him.
However i do have some marriage details which i know are correct,so will paste them in.I think the only way to him is through his wife and children

JOHN GEDDES Pedigree
Male Family

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:

Marriages:
Spouse: MARGARET CRUDEN Family
Marriage:
29 MAY 1802 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

The couple had two sons that i know of both born in cruden,John born/bap 1798 and William born/bap 1803

Thanks for any help you may be able to give
Cathie from Cornwall

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 6 Jan 2009 13:43

Cathie from Cornwall..........is Margaret's surname Cruden...or were they married in Cruden?

Also son John born before marriage

What's the last definate cetificated bmd you have?

Or census?

Suzanne

Phyllis

Phyllis Report 6 Jan 2009 19:54

Hi Suzi Wong,
Many many thanks for you offer, I am looking for a divorce of Nellie Lees Connelly from Scott Yuill Blair, they married in 1934 and should have divorced by about 1949 as Scott has a second family by then in England.
The marriage took place in Hamilton Parsh Church Hamilton Lanarkshire.
The other one I am looking for is a marriage cert of Mary Lees Blair to Jack Wood or John That marriage would also have talen place in Hamilton. This marriage would have taken place around 1950 and divorce by 1960
Any info would be very much appreciated.

Blue1

Blue1 Report 6 Jan 2009 20:07

Hi Suzanne,
Margaret's name was Cruden her father i believe was James Cruden, and she was married in Cruden! I have her place of birth as Auchterless, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
The last census info i have for them was found by someone else researching the same line and they say they found John and Margaret at Hill of Gask in the 1841 census!! i'm not sure they are the same people at all, i havn't been able to verify!
I actually wondered if he died and she remarried,only because they only had the two children.
also i do think the son John was born before the marriage

JOHN GEDDES Pedigree
Male

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
16 JUN 1798 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland
Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: JOHN GEDDES Family
Mother: MARGT. CRUDEN

this son John Geddes 1798 was also married at Cruden to Jane Mckesser on the 8 June 1820

i really hope this is helpfull to you and might throw some light on this family.
However it does appear a jumble so thanks for trying for me any way
cathie