Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage of dorothy hardy oz help please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 24 Oct 2009 13:49

hi i have two marriage of dorothy hardy this lady was living in australia at the time of these marriages.
I was wondering if anyone on here lives in australia and could look up these marriage for me as i live in the uk.
i can give you the ref numbers and the year of the marriages
12850/1930 Hamilton Eric E Hardy Dorothy b district Hamilton
12849/1933 Dangar Colin V Hardy Dorothy s s district Narrabri
if anyone live in these district and can help me by going to look them up for me i would be most grateful
regards susan

Potty

Potty Report 24 Oct 2009 14:04

Susan, it might be worth nudging this thread up later in the day - Australia is about 10 hours different to the UK, so it is the middle of the night there.

Susan

Susan Report 24 Oct 2009 14:40

hi potty
thank you for that information i will do that
regards susan

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 24 Oct 2009 16:10

Susan has started this thread as a follow up to a previous request, which is fine because it is a new query, but.it might help any Australian helpers to know the other information you have

I have copied it below for you

dorothy hardy born abt 1895 in thaxted essex
miss dorothy hardy age 29 she departure on 25th october 1924 from london and her destination was adelaide australia the ship was called mongolia and she was bound to sydney australia .

Linda

Susan

Susan Report 24 Oct 2009 17:11

nudge

Susan

Susan Report 24 Oct 2009 17:59

nudge

Susan

Susan Report 24 Oct 2009 20:47

nudge

Susan

Susan Report 24 Oct 2009 23:33

nudge

GranOfOzRubySlippers

GranOfOzRubySlippers Report 25 Oct 2009 04:43

Hi Susan, the only way you will get further information is to either order the certificate or a transcription of the entry. We are not able to just Look up these documents as they are with the government and they charge

Our BMD's for family history can take up to 8 weeks to process

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au

Certificates cost: Family History Certificate
• Births 100 years or more after the event
• Deaths 30 years or more after the event
• Marriages 50 years or more after the event

Urgent costs more
With registration number $28.00 Urgent $49
Without registration number $37.00 urgent $58
Additional search – 10 years or part thereof $38.00

Transcriptions Cost: $17 plus $1 postage

This is the transcription agent I use.
http://www.joymurrin.com.au/

Information is more difficult to obtain in Australia due to privacy laws.

Hamilton is a suburb of Newcastle, Narrabri is a town in country area.

Gail

GranOfOzRubySlippers

GranOfOzRubySlippers Report 25 Oct 2009 05:08

Having searched the Australian Electoral Rolls have found:

Dangar, Colin Vivian with, Dangar, Dorothy Sinclair Smith, both living at Gwabegar, Pilliga. By the Sinclair Smith I do not think this is yours.

I have not been able to find Dorothy with and Eric E Hamilton as yet,

Regards

Gail

GranOfOzRubySlippers

GranOfOzRubySlippers Report 25 Oct 2009 05:18

Name: Eric Edmund Hamilton & Dorothy Bell Hamilton
Electoral Year: 1936
State: New South Wales
District: Newcastle
Subdistrict: Hamilton
157 Cleary Street, Eric is a Labourer

Same address in 1949

I have a feeling this may be your Dorothy, does Bell appear anywhere else as a second name?

Susan

Susan Report 25 Oct 2009 11:39

hi granof oz
this lady dorothy hardy was my great great aunt i don't know if she had a middle name of bell.
if this is the lady i am looking for i will have to save up and send for the marriage cert as i live in the uk.
if you find out anymore about this lady i would be most grateful
regards susan
P.S thank you for your help

Valerie

Valerie Report 25 Oct 2009 14:52

......maybe you could check on both their deaths - (NSW/BMD deaths on-line to 1978). Then you could see if parents' names match. ..........Valerie (WA)

Susan

Susan Report 25 Oct 2009 21:19

hi valerie (WA)
thank you for the information until i know if this lady married eric hamilton do you think that i should check for their deaths i know dorothy parents names because these are my great great grandparents
regards susan

Susan

Susan Report 25 Oct 2009 22:56

nudge

Valerie

Valerie Report 26 Oct 2009 00:10

Susan ....check both possible married names from the NSW/BMD site (on-line) -hopefully you will see both of their parents' names shown -and recognise which 'Dorothy' is yours. ..........Valerie (WA)

GranOfOzRubySlippers

GranOfOzRubySlippers Report 26 Oct 2009 00:52

Give me her parents names and I will check for you. If she died after 1978 it wont be on the BMD site but I can check on Ryerson Index again. Have also check cemetery sites, but if cremated there would have to be a plate to be able to check for cremation, sometimes there is no memorial for a deceased person.

Regards

Gail

GranOfOzRubySlippers

GranOfOzRubySlippers Report 26 Oct 2009 04:03

This looks like your Eric

Death
41102/1967 HAMILTON, ERIC EDMUND, father CHARLES, mothor ADA @ HAMILTON

The death would show the wife's name and any children, loads more information on death certificates in Australia than UK.

Still looking for Dorothy, no luck with cemetery search, though not all are online, checked Ryerson Index a couple of possibles there, but little information on that either.

Gail

Susan

Susan Report 26 Oct 2009 10:25

hi gail
dorothy hardy parents names were harry hardy and hannah hardy both were born in the uk as was dorothy
regards susan

Susan

Susan Report 26 Oct 2009 16:28

nudge