Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage records help needed

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 22 Jun 2010 01:45

i am lookin for the marriage record of george and ruth addison i am looking to find out ruth's maiden name i belive a rough date for the marriage is somewhere in april may or june 1892 although i'm not certain.

thanks.

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 22 Jun 2010 02:01

Hi Lynn

Did you know know there is free bmd site

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Good luck

Linda x

Lynn

Lynn Report 22 Jun 2010 02:06

thanks linda but i couldn't quite work out how to use it i'm useless with that kind of stuff.

jax

jax Report 22 Jun 2010 02:18

I have told her Linda so she knows now

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 22 Jun 2010 11:25

Ok the freebmd site could not be easier so here goes.

In Google search enter freebmd click search

First web site is freebmd homepage, click on that

You are now on the site, click on the search button
The rest is self explanatory, however

At type click on the type of search you want i.e. Marriages

Enter surname

Enter first name (if you know it)

and any other info you know i.e. name of spouse, mother or just leave blank.

Choose a date i.e. at Mar enter for e.g.1851 to Dec 1861

Click on a district or County or choose all districts or all counties

Click on FIND
and await for the results.

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jun 2010 16:44

I wish some of you would grow up especially the nameless ones.... u know who you are .
Lynn is definately not me so if you feel the need fro moan, moan at me and not Lynn
Tnks

jax

jax Report 22 Jun 2010 16:51

To be honest Abbey...the way she reacted useing the 'F' word when she eventually returned to her thread, I am not interested who she is

jax

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Jun 2010 17:21

The information posted here by others about using FreeBMD to find the marriage (in five seconds) has been offered to these "two" individuals MULTIPLE times in the past by ME ALONE, not to mention all the other innocent helpers who have replied to all their other repetitive threads about THE SAME THING.

Evidently NEITHER ONE OF THEM, or any of the other alter egos they may come up with, has ever lifted a finger in her life to do something for herself that she can make someone else do for her -- or even noticed when someone else has done it for her, as multiple people have done right here, multiple times, in the last couple of weeks.

Nobody here gives a flying fig WHO you are. It's WHAT you are, which is obvious to the world, that is the problem.

Those of us who have been following them, and receiving this one's abusive and obscene private messages, would love to offer links to the complete list of their repeated identical threads (and the vile insults and abuse flung by them in those threads at people tired of their antics), but sigh, they seem to have disappeared ...

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Jun 2010 17:33

From a couple of tabs I still have open from a few days ago
(christine = carrie = abbey = poo bear = allegedly aunt of Lynn)

pooh bear

George Addison born Sommerset app 1858 2 sons Lawrence 1893 and George 1887 Married Ruth ? abt 1883 Trying to find Ruths surname and Georges parents name
Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks

MargaretManson

Can't find them in 1891 so decided to go to 1901 and work backwards.
1901 census
Old Heath, Moseley, Heath, Staffordshire
George Addison, head, 42, blacksmith, born Wellington, Shropshire
Ruth, wife, 39, born Willenhall, Staffordshire
George T., son, 14, born "
Lawrence H., son, 8, born "

pooh bear
Thanks

JaneyCanuck Today at 02:30 Request review
And as I told christine / abbey / whatever sometime in the last two days, the marriage can be found in 5 seconds at FreeBMD.
Poo.

MargaretManson
You mean it's a duplicate thread?

JaneyCanuck

From Friday or Saturday (one in a long series):

carrie
Born 1859 Shropshire George Addison married Ruth born abt 1864 They both born WWhad 2 sons Goerge Jnr and Lawrence both born Willenhall ? where I believe Ruth came from
Trying to find when and where they were married so I can get the cert and find out George Snr parents
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

JaneyCanuck
Have you searched at FreeBMD?
http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl
If not -- quick, easy, free and fun to do yourself!
Just search for
Addison
George
married
[no surname]
Ruth
edit - I did the search and the marriage seems to be there, no problem, so I won't spoil your fun and give you the results.
You can also search for the children's births, etc.

carrie
Thanks

[another member said]
Seems Carrie is Christine or Abby..and still expecting help !

JaneyCanuck
Well aren't I dim. ;)
You're pretty unbelievable, carrie/abbey/christine. Pretty unbelievable. Too obviously as lazy as you are rude..
And now ... poof goes this thread, I don't doubt!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny how Abbey has made her way to this yet another thread about the same thing -- and hasn't managed to pass on to Lynn everything that she, Abbey, has been offered in the last two months.

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jun 2010 17:58

info I have recieved in the last few months from so called helpers were not to do with the surname addison which im sure you are all aware
so go check back MY previous threads

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jun 2010 17:59

jax
as for what lynn replied I aint got a clue becoz I didnt see it

jax

jax Report 22 Jun 2010 18:00

Thats a bit difficult as they have been deleted

jax

jax Report 22 Jun 2010 18:08

Ok so Lynn posts on the 17th june asking for info on Lawrence Addison....which I find giving his parents names ect from various census
Few days later you both post about George Addison (the father) so my post must have been seen unless you already knew these details?
I personally do not know about any other threads about this family as I do not see all of them, but others may have helped on them

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Jun 2010 18:12

Isn't it just, jax?!

Do we look stupid, "ABBEY"?

The TWO threads I just copied above were both by YOU and were both specifically about THE ADDISON MARRIAGE that this thread is about.

"Trying to find Ruths surname"
"Trying to find when and where they were married"

Can you really not read???

I would LOVE to quote the other threads, especially the other ones where I explained all about doing the search in careful detail, not to mention the ones where other people DID THE SEARCH and POSTED THE MARRIAGE DETAILS.

Seriously. What is wrong with you, "ABBEY"???

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Jun 2010 18:14

jax, "ABBEY" (as christine) was posting about the George Addison + Ruth marriage IN MAY.

That was when *I* first replied about it, and why I didn't recognize her/the question when I replied to it AGAIN in June. TWICE in June, as a matter of fact.

Maybe I really am just old and forgetful.

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jun 2010 18:15

I didnt know any of the details which you give to lynn That was the first post I posted abt the surname Addison and to be honest it was a curiosity thing to see if anyone would reply because it was me

Julie

Julie Report 22 Jun 2010 18:16

ABBEY Today at 17:58 Request review
info I have recieved in the last few months from so called helpers were not to do with the surname addison which im sure you are all aware
so go check back MY previous threads

Add

I beg to differ...i was going to reply to your thread about a George Addison when you posted as Christine ........why did i look at it in the 1st place

I too have a George Addison in my tree but he was from Whitehaven

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Jun 2010 18:22

My dear ABBEY.

Click on "My threads" over on the left side of your screen.

You will find the threadS you posted in May regarding George Addison and Ruth.

What? They're not there???

Why Quelle Surprise!!!!!

"Someone* must have deleted them!

Poooor you.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Jun 2010 18:27

A comment was made in one of the deleted threads I still have open in a tab that attention-seeking was being accommodated.

Too troo, I think.

The rest of us do feel a duty to warn others about behaviour like this, unfortunately.

Maybe we should stick to doing that.

It probably won't eliminate the possibility of getting more PMs telling us we've f*ed with the wrong family, or what sk*y wh*s we are, but we'd save time.

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jun 2010 18:28

dont jnow what your are on..... maybe we should all try some hahaha I know for fact I DIDNT post anything in May with the surname Addison

Go Pick on someone else

Njoy